Help with collection sites

Go down

Help with collection sites Empty Help with collection sites

Post  clevelandcallum on 27th October 2011, 8:09 am

Would anyone be able to help me with some
Information as to where to have a look for collecting s couple of corals for my reef tank
Thanks in advance
Callum

clevelandcallum

Back to top Go down

Help with collection sites Empty Re: Help with collection sites

Post  liquidg on 27th October 2011, 9:41 am

Hi callum,the sunshine coast is the only good concentration of corals to collect legally.

From the north wall of the gold coast seaway north to Caloundra point are with in the Moreton bay marine park, so that’s out, the gold coast, the corals in close are mostly gone before it gets reasonably visible except at the close in reefs, they are prolific with corals at 25 to 50 feet of water.

Any rock formation in the water on the sunshine coast in depths from 15 feet to 50 feet depths are prolific with corals.

Sometimes when we go to collect corals it is very hard work at those depths, but it is what you do to get the tank looking great.

The rock pools up the sunshine coast are mostly wiped out of corals from the rains earlier this year and the two spots the club goes to that survived, they are for club member’s trips only.

If you do get corals for your tank, do not say or show where you got them, it will make it hard for collectors that come along after you.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  clevelandcallum on 27th October 2011, 9:57 am

Hi mate, I do plan to join the club and I rang up the fellas a few
Back to organize comming to the meetings and to join up in Woodbridge but on the Tuesday night
I was unexpectantly taken to hodpital after feeling pain in the back of my head,
I do still plan to join the club and share experiences with other members. All in good time I supppose.
In the mean time could you pm me with any of the rock pool locations on the sunshine coast.
Cheers mate
Callum

clevelandcallum

Back to top Go down

Post  straddy boy on 28th October 2011, 12:05 pm

Sorry clevelandcallum,no spots are given out to any one,unless we know them personally or they are members that see these spots by being on the trips.
Have a look around,you will find some places.

cheers
straddy boy
straddy boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down