rock pool'ing

Go down

rock pool'ing Empty rock pool'ing

Post  clevelandcallum on 1st November 2011, 9:46 am

went for a quick look at some rock pool's yesterday for my RDO~

without must in the way of collection gear apart from a bog standard aquarium net and a bucked with a little airator,
i managed to collect quite a few a good sized lawnmower blenny, one of which was kept for the Tank! the other safely released!

weather was completely awful blowing a complete gale out there making visibility into the water extreely difficult at the best of times~

Didn't manage to find any peppermint shrimp which i'm looking for to finish my clean up crewe but was a good afternoon all the same.

Looking forward to comming to the next meeting and sharing some experiences and advise with marine tanks!

Thanks for reading

Callum

clevelandcallum

Back to top Go down

rock pool'ing Empty Re: rock pool'ing

Post  liquidg on 1st November 2011, 12:03 pm

The forum was set up to promote the club as the internet has become all of the hobby for most people and we were very late with it and the club has always collected our own life forms since the 1920s, both fresh and salt water aquarium inhabitants and this section is all about the collecting side of the hobby,soooo,where are some pics!!

Its great to read of others adventures where they do not show anything illegal here or the collection sites that can be abused and criticised by those that suffer disorders and over flow with useless opinions that will never be tolerated on this forum.

Well done callum, sounds great, now could we please see some pics of your collected fish or inverts? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

rock pool'ing Empty pictures!

Post  clevelandcallum on 2nd November 2011, 10:24 am

as promised here are a few photos i took from my first rock pools trip, im hoping there will be more trips to come, hopefully more successful with better weather !!

i did collect some small shrimps which i didn't mention above and which were too small to take photos of, i added about 10 to the tank, but i can no longer see any of them so im assuming the Clown or the Cromis have eaten then! i think they could have been " glass shrimp" but not too sure!

if anyone can identify and give me some information on the small yellow fish that i added into the aquarium i would be grateful!

have also added a few pics of the tank so fafr for any opinions and helpful advice anyone may have!
thanks guys

callum
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

clevelandcallum

Back to top Go down

Post  clevelandcallum on 2nd November 2011, 10:50 am

collected blennie

clevelandcallum

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 2nd November 2011, 1:56 pm

Cool looking lawnmower ( istiblennius meleagris) Callum,top fish and a good worker, just a bit annoying as they can jump out at times.

The yellow one is a stripey (microcanthus strigatus) a little aggressive at times but if you want something to start a tank, they are the ones to do it!

Tough as nails normally.

Oh and I am not the one to comment of a tank with live rock as the bio media and a substrate in tank, I know of to many problems with both.

Keep the pics coming callum on collecting and if you like, you can put your tank pics as time goes on in the journals section in your own thread, its up to you.

Thanks for sharing.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down