Crotalus's nano

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crotalus's nano

Post  Crotalus on 22nd January 2012, 2:50 am

This is my fairly brand new tank so I only have 4 corals (only two pics of them) and two hermits and a Tiger Tail sea cucumber. Still a little Bryopsis dying off from the original cycle.

Green and Pink Echinophyllia (Chalice)

Purple photosynthetic gorgonion

Hawaiian Zebra Hermit

I plan on adding much much more!

Mexican Scarlet hermit

Crotalus

Back to top Go down

Re: Crotalus's nano

Post  liquidg on 22nd January 2012, 6:58 am

Very cool crotalus,keep the pics coming cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Crotalus on 25th January 2012, 11:58 am

Here's some pics of the equipment part. My theme for this tank was "Quiet". My last tank, although successful (too successful actually) sounded like a washing machine running 24 hours. I had to turn up the TV just to overcome the noise. So each piece of equipment was carefully selected to be as silent as possible, which is a difficult task for a HOB system, no sump or fishroom to hide anything. The lights are Aquailluminations Sol Blue, the flow is via a Vortech MP10, the skimmer is an AquaMaxx something and the filter is an Eheim classic which I just use for carbon and Phosguard. I am so far pleased, I can barely hear the equipment running, and it all works extremely well. The skimmer was the hardest find, there are a lot of terrible designs out there for HOB systems, but this one was done right Very Happy

I use a Deep Sand Bed to reduce the nitrate. It works really well, I've never been able to get a positive nitrate reading and it requires zero maintenance. The live rock is minimal with the intention that branching corals will fill in the water space.

Full tank shot

The canopy came in the mail bowed, so light seeps out the edge. A little irritating, but enough to drive me to return it.

Crotalus

Back to top Go down

Post  Crotalus on 25th January 2012, 12:02 pm

This is my Quarantine/frag tank I'm setting up. I tried to get this up before the main tank, but the sand I ordered was on mega long back order, so here it is, a work in progress.

The light is Aquailluminations Nano Sol Blue. I really like it, it has three dimmable and programmable colors just like the big ones, but comes with a touch screen interface for controller-less or quick adjustments. The slide bar lets you dim it.

Crotalus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top