Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April.

Go down

Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April. Empty Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April.

Post  saltz on 23rd April 2012, 12:36 am

2 of us went for a low tide exploring trip, mainly to find out if there's any sites worth visiting for the members living on the north side of Brisbane.

Rabucazz brought his refractometer to check the water's salinity and it reads 1.020, a little better than his last reading of 1.015 at another site a little south from this spot, not great water, but still usable if there's a sudden need to make water changes and have no reef salt on hand.

In terms of wild life, it's the usual suspect, but not as abundant or varied as the usual sites we go for clean up crew.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nothing was collected and all specimens caught were released after photos were taken.

saltz

Back to top Go down

Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April. Empty Re: Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April.

Post  rabucazz on 27th April 2012, 3:09 pm

I was surprised with the wildlife we saw there. Nothing exciting for a marine tank, but heaps of different species. Even a school of squid swam between us. I found a boat ramp further north with good quality water to be collected, pretty easy and convenient too. Interesting spot, I will be there from time to time to check it out.

rabucazz

Back to top Go down

Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April. Empty Re: Collecting low tide trip Sunday 22nd of April.

Post  finfan on 27th April 2012, 5:41 pm

Great stuff guys -thanks for sharing....

Always good to go and check out new locations, you never know what you might find....
Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  rabucazz on 28th April 2012, 12:50 pm

That's right Ignobolis. I've already spotted two places to be checked out on the low tide. I will keep searching for new collecting spots. I'll let you guys know.

rabucazz

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 28th April 2012, 2:07 pm

The more content of collecting adventures the better guys,well done cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down