DEEP water collecting ?

Go down

DEEP water collecting ? Empty DEEP water collecting ?

Post  Kharn on 29th June 2012, 4:06 am

G'day =)

I am not sure if this is even possible due to the depth that I am talking about (hence the title) I am next to positive that this forum doesn't do deep water collecting but I am curious if someone can point me in the rite direction (trawlers/fishermen being my last resort).

Essentially I am wanting to have some inverts collected at a depth of 500-1000m deep...

Is this even possible.... or is it really just going to be a matter of a 'lucky' bi catch on a trawler or are there collectors that go that deep (me thinks not...).

Cheers for any help / info you can provide!

P.S. I realize it may sound like a ridiculous question but I have no idea on the 'limitations' albeit law based or just physical abilities based on how deep the divers/collectors can go.

Kharn

Back to top Go down

DEEP water collecting ? Empty Re: DEEP water collecting ?

Post  Kharn on 29th June 2012, 4:11 am

I really don't see it being possible...

I just typed into google how deep can a suba diver, dive and the results were around 320mtrs at best. lol.

Kharn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhyr on 1st July 2012, 3:33 pm

Last edited by zhyr on 12th December 2012, 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Zhyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Kharn on 3rd July 2012, 8:27 am

zhyr wrote:good luck with that Smile
What were you chasing?

If my memory serves, for every 10m you go down, the pressure goes up 1 bar or atmosphere.

A unique stomatopod (mantis shrimp) the species are only found in very deep waters 500m-1000m deep...

Yeah its not going to happen....only through a Bi catch from a trawler and even then who knows the state of the animal...or if the trawler guys would even hold onto one for me....all doubtful stuff

Kharn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down