Red line-eel cleaner shrimp.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red line-eel cleaner shrimp.

Post  liquidg on Thu 12 Jul - 15:24

In Aril I think it was, I had a look for some red line shrimp for my tub to maybe breed as once before, beyond the one I already have in the display tank.

They started off, the pair that is, as one being tiny and over nearly three months the sizes evened out to both the same after three sheds.

Now both are out of their coke bottle life and being girl and boy in each one- A sexual, they are reproducing at a rate of a tail full each two weeks.

This A sexual aspect allows them to breed at twice the rate of other shrimp and can fertilize each other even with out a shed.

Lovely natured shrimp and very easy to keep under the right conditions but are also very hard to keep due to near all other tank life in the aquarium wants to eat them or shove them into their host anemone upon a shed.

If your fish are free of parasites or damage, these shrimp will be killed at some stage!!

Redlines in the coke bottle, this was their home for just over two months; it was the only way to keep them safe!

On my hand getting some human flesh in their diet the other day.
One has its new eggs from ovaries just passed from its body to the tail and the other one has near youngsters ready to drop off.

They may be used to breed from because no matter where they may have gone,they would not be safe.

So many tank life additions are said to be red line shrimp safe, so many are not,eventualy!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Red line-eel cleaner shrimp.

Post  saltz on Fri 13 Jul - 2:19

Looks great mate, what's the survival rate of the shrimplets?

saltz

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on Fri 13 Jul - 12:40

I havenít prepared the area yet, so none should survive, I am to busy of late, maybe later on I will set it up properly.

They are very happy where they are, they donít let the youngsters go full term if they are not and they are letting the go full term, so maybe later on.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top