George Carlin- Arrogance of mankind

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George Carlin- Arrogance of mankind

Post  mykez on 10th August 2012, 4:22 am

Thought of liquid G when I watched this and thought I'd share with everyone. This has had a lot of negative comments. I'm sure people would argue that this is a very complicated moral and philosophical subject. I hope this offers some amusement, my thoughts are below. I'd be interested to know what others think. This topic in general really gets under my skin. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle ground and take views from both sides of the argument. It it seems to bother me when people take this issue to one extreme but I would assume that most of us on here have a balanced rational opinion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess it comes down to the reality that some day everything on this planet will cease to exist. All we can possibly seem to achieve is postponing the inevitable. Therefore "preservation" is simply concerned with personal or collective human interests rather than some higher agenda or moral responsibility to "nature". I guess the biggest frustration I have is that we are generally not addressing the core issues that effect the environment like our desired lifestyles, consumer culture and our increasing population. Environmentalism has become a key marketing and political tool. Generally economic reasons have greater priority than ecological ones, and supposed ecological decisions are often motivated by economic or political gains. Did you know that when everything is considered from manufacture to disposal a hummer is more environmentally friendly than a Prius (a car which is marketed for its supposed low ecological impact). Also due water and chemical usage a lot of recycled paper is more harmful than brand new paper. These are just a couple of thousands of examples. If this interests you look up the term "green washing".

Environmentalism is kind of ironic. Given that I guess the real underlying reason we want to preserve the environment is for our children, yet the existence of humanity and future generations is what threatens the longevity of what we want to retain.
mykez

Back to top Go down

Re: George Carlin- Arrogance of mankind

Post  finfan on 10th August 2012, 8:06 am

Regardless of your views and concerns....

He is PISS funny.....bwwhahahahahah Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 10th August 2012, 9:50 am

Lol,lol,love it, absolutely love it!!

Two things come to mind from this I reckon are as funny as each other, my dad used to say computers will ruin the world and environmentalists desperately carry on about an issue on nature and then have three kids, honestly, at least my dad came from a different time not understanding and was going senile, whatís there excuse?

It would have been nice to get a few more hundred years of the environments condition, the way it was when I was younger for the future others to see and enjoy, but then the others that could have seen what I saw would have been more then the 11 million in Auz that was back then and begin the ruination as is happening any way.

He hit on some very important issues, the world will go on no matter what, and we are nothing to it!
While earthís rotation and position in the solar system remains the same and if the sun remains intact of course it will still be here pumping out life long after we are gone.

Once the shape and this structure of humans we have now has completely altered and maybe all historical evidence of us is gone, then in the over all scheme of things, we added up to absolutely nothing at all!

The problems are the desperate need for a life after this one, lol,religion,that sucks in so many of us its just embarrassing.
The instinctive drives that cannot be in us because we were created not evolved from the past animals and we are better then them?????

Well you got me raving on mike but thatís not hard,lol,lol,cool thread mate,thanks.

Hey i wonder if something cool could evolve from plastic bags,lol.
cheers lol! lol!

Last edited by liquidg on 10th August 2012, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  saltz on 10th August 2012, 11:33 am

Save the WHALES, save those snails... lol! lol!

saltz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top