My second glass tank in years connected to the NWMS,a moderately eutrophic system .

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My second glass tank in years connected to the NWMS,a moderately eutrophic system .

Post  liquidg on 14th January 2013, 11:42 am

Delisea pulcha algae trim time.
This has grown so fast over the two months or so it has been in there as has the blue algae.

After trim of algae.

liquidg

Back to top Go down

Re: My second glass tank in years connected to the NWMS,a moderately eutrophic system .

Post  finfan on 14th January 2013, 12:44 pm

How Freakin awesome is that Anthias -man I love that fish !

looks so much like a Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudoanthias bartlettorum) - just need to collect 5 next time - schools are always better

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 15th January 2013, 7:57 am

The colour is similar but have a look at the body difference, itís not that one.

I have never seen one of these anthia and cannot find it anywhere in all my books.

The others it was with are the same shape and werenít attacking and it is nothing like the local standard anthia it was with in colouration, the situation was weird.anthias donít overly except other types in the wild.

It may be a hybrid, I found another last year that its colours make no sense and it was with our local anthias as well and is nowhere my in books or the net.

It was a mainly red, black and light purple anthia?

The invert tank its in only gets planktonic sized foods to see if I can get a latezonatus to remain small and take on full adult colours over the years at that tiny size.

It may do the same, who knows?

I am going to ask Jeff at the museum to see if he can ID it.

liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan on 15th January 2013, 12:49 pm

Cool - will be interesting to find out....

Is it eating OK? - they tend to eat but still starve for some reason or at least loose there full body shape as when found- my guess is a poor nutrition thing...?

Been trying to work it out - I really want to keep a small school but want to keep one for 4 months or more first and figure out the best diet....they love krill...

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 23rd January 2013, 2:11 pm

More algae success amongst the other inverts.

More blue popping up all over.

Three sections of peyssonnelia capensis doing very well.
In the past the nuisance algae forms would cover these and slowly kill them.

liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 30th January 2013, 8:28 am

The cyclone and subsequent black outs wiped out some of my tanks life on the Australia day weekend 2013,now i rebuild them both.

All my pics these days are in here of my aquariums.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by liquidg on 21st June 2013, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top