Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water?

Go down

Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water? Empty Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water?

Post  Deeg on 15th August 2012, 7:13 am

Just wondering if anyone else used the public holiday as an excuse to go for a dip. I headed down to the Gold Coast this morning and due to time restraints I could only be in there for about an hour and that was on half tide. Still it was pretty clear. Took the gun but nothing really there worth shooting although it was good to see plenty of undersize jacks and parrot getting about. Always a good sign of a healthy eco system. Plenty of different algaes there amongst the rocks. The swell was a bit big so had to have one eye on it all the time. I got pumped by a big wave which hasn't happened in a while, put the shits up me a bit hahah. Oh well. So yeah did anyone else get amongst it?

Cheers

Deeg

Very Happy

Deeg

Back to top Go down

Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water? Empty Re: Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water?

Post  liquidg on 15th August 2012, 9:46 am

I did a long free dive swim on friday of a half a click out to sea,that was cool,well not that cool i use a semi dry this time of year,lol.

That's when i found the hammer coral.

It is looking very good for this weekend,sunreef are talking about 15 to 20 metres vis up the coast at the moment,sounds good. cheers

Back to top Go down

Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water? Empty Re: Anyone Use the public Holiday as an excuse to hit the water?

Post  ovakil on 18th August 2012, 9:53 am

I reckon vis should be good,as I took boat for test run 2 mins from redcliffe boat ramp.Water looked good there.
Usually it's dirty.
BTW found out the bush on prop was stuffed,as I thought it was gearbox.
Cheers

ovakil

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 18th August 2012, 1:01 pm

Maybe someone applied to much heat to get the prop off at some stage?

How was the oil in the gear box?

Back to top Go down

Post  ovakil on 20th August 2012, 1:42 am

Gearbox oil was good.He looked for shiny metal in oil but nothing.Dark blue colour.He put new oil in again
Unsure about heat with prop,when I took it off.It came off easily.

ovakil

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 20th August 2012, 2:18 am

I have had it before, the prop seizes on and you use a soldering flame or oxyacetylene carefully to heat the prop and get it off if the corrosion has been let go and the prop won’t come off.

If its done wrong and it normally is, it ruins the props rubber bush.

Back to top Go down

Post  ovakil on 22nd August 2012, 2:16 am

I'm going to send prop to Solas to do.About $100 to fix it.
Not going to muck around with that.

ovakil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down