South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our new additions

3 posters

Go down

Our new additions Empty Our new additions

Post  kindcorals 2nd November 2012, 4:42 am

I had never seen any of these for sale so we had to buy them yesterday. The auto flash was on and it turned out to be a good picture but I didnt mean to flash 'midnight' our nox angel. He wasnt eating brine in the store and wouldnt eat any of the frozen foods I had but he finally ate some bits of nori this morning.

Our new additions Midnig10

These guys have been posted on here quite a bit but they are so cool and we had to buy him too. My girlfriend named him Spot for obvious reasons Laughing

Our new additions Spot10

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Our new additions Empty Re: Our new additions

Post  Makaira 2nd November 2012, 5:54 am

did she name him spot for white spot he will he will get with the next week?

keep an eye on him mate, ive been through 5 yellow dice box fish, all dead within 3 weeks from white spot.
they just get way to stressed.
but hey you might get lucky Rolling Eyes
Makaira
Makaira

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 2nd November 2012, 9:46 am

Cool fish.
Scott is right with the dice box, though quite direct-abrupt,lol.

They have miniscule scales, you could almost say they have skin and not scales they are so small.

So they can come under attack by the protist white spot and from the stress of that infestation, the problem goes to the equally pain in the butt, velvet, a nasty dinoflagellate protist, that’s what normally finishes off your fish with white spot, if it dies that is.
White spot and velvet are in the same family and amongst the white spot you will have the next in the protist evolutionary chain, velvet.
It’s nature!
They can build an immune response in their mucus coating to cope with future attacks from then on,if it doesn’t go to far.
I hope it works out for you, both are nice looking fish.

Was it you that wanted a lat or two?
If you want to swap for some diet ginger beer,pm me,it will have to be at the next meeting though.

Why isn’t this in a journal on here? cheers
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  Makaira 2nd November 2012, 11:44 am

sorry didnt mean to come across that way.
reading it back now i sound like a dick. my apologiz Rolling Eyes
Makaira
Makaira

Back to top Go down

Post  kindcorals 3rd November 2012, 5:27 am

Hey guys, Im a very direct person myself so I dont easily get offended. I appreciate the information because I will keep a much closer eye on him now.

He was the only one in the tank that was eating which is why I chose this one. He is eating in my tank now, very social and doesnt seem to be being harassed by any of my fish although one of my chromis has been getting more agressive towards some of the others so I might move him to another tank.

Is there any other advice you can give me to keep this box fish as stress free as possible? He took to the tank and ate right away so he seems really happy at the moment.

liquidg I do want some latz but now I am concerned that I might need a chiller to keep the temp down once the weather really heats up. I am trying to work out how I can afford to buy my 4ft tank in the next couple weeks but I am not sure I can afford the chiller right away. My current tank was only supposed to be a temporary tank so I will start a journal once I get my real tank Very Happy

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down