Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast

Go down

Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast Empty Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast

Post  kindcorals on 23rd November 2012, 5:52 am

We have access to a car this weekend and it looks like its going to be a nice warm weekend. Im wondering if anyone know of some cool rock pools that are next to a dog friendly beach where I can take the family tomorrow or Sunday. Collecting at the beach is not such a big deal as I dont have much room in my tanks, unless I can find a bit of chaeto but mostly looking to have a great beach/exploring day. A bonus would be if it is a good surf beach for an advanced beginner/intermediate surfer Very Happy

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast Empty Re: Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast

Post  liquidg on 26th November 2012, 10:26 pm

Sorry mate didnít see your thread till now.

There are no rock pool beach combos on the gold coast that are dog friendly, the best beach for a surf and let the dogs have a run are firstly at the sea way wall between the sand pumping jetty and the wall, its best on north direction winds.

Then there is Bilinga beach just before Kirra going south, thatís good for a surf and for dogs,its best on south direction winds, both spots are great on west direction winds as well.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast Empty Re: Rock Pools and Dog Friendly Beach within an hours drive from Gold Coast

Post  kindcorals on 28th November 2012, 4:46 am

Thats ok. I think you are talking about the beach at/near The Spit? My uncle took us there once, briefly, but my girlfriend wasnt too keen on that beach for some reason. Is Kirra the beach that has tons of rips and some kids drowned a few years back? If that's the beach, I was told to stay away!

How are these beaches as far as crowds and having small/medium waves and not attracting all the pros?

I went to Broad Beach this weekend and saw 1 surfer as far as I could see in either direction. The waves were very small but I thought there would at least be people learning to messing around like I used to. I was very surprised.

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 28th November 2012, 5:38 am

No not kirra,before kirra at Bilinga just past tugun.

The water volume coming from the kirra swells gose out to sea before Bilinga.

I have been caught in that area many times when heading out to kirra reef snorkelling with a tank on for dives,then when i would get there,deflate,that was before the sand pumping killed it all off once it was covered.

Back to top Go down

Post  kindcorals on 29th November 2012, 3:43 am

Ok I'll check it out next time I can borrow the car, or hopefully I can get a loan for a car very soon.

I heard something about the sand pumping ruining reefs, pretty sad..

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 29th November 2012, 3:55 am

It was a huge loss to diving on the gold coast, the reef had everything and only to a depth of 35 feet from 12 feet on top

There were corals, anemones and clowns like Melanopus and latz sometimes and heaps of akindynos, anlgelfish, gobies most barrier reef wrasse, everything was there and only half a K swim to it and they killed it all!!!

The same morons allowed this to happen that make the laws to supposedly protect reefs from fishing and collecting!

Amazing hey. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down