South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout

2 posters

Go down

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout Empty Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout

Post  Makaira 29th December 2012, 8:08 am

went out for two days fishing of point lookout. mainly chasing the little black marlin we get this time of year.
these vids and pics were from the first day. more to come as i get them off people.

the vid of my fish probl needs explaining for those that have never fished for marlin.
its a sport so we tr to limit the stress on the fish because we want him to swim away healthy.
for this reason once we get them(and our $50 lure) close enough we pop them off or grab them and take the hook out. if the fish is calm enough. that said enjoy.

this beast weighed 30kg and was caught on 8kg tackle using mono leader. no easy feat.
Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout PC220343_zpsedfa00d4

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout PC220342_zps98f049e9

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout Th_IMG_1676_zpsfe850c3a

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout Th_IMG_1677_zpsf53fb1df

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout Th_IMG_1683_zpsf7b05ede

we got 2 wahoo and 4 marlin on the saturday and 6 on the sunday

Last edited by Makaira on 29th December 2012, 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Makaira
Makaira

Back to top Go down

Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout Empty Re: Light tackle black marlin in SEQ cape moreton and point lookout

Post  liquidg 29th December 2012, 8:27 am

So you think that is better then catching a clown fish, I must admit what you have been up to is far more impressive,lol.

That sounds like a lot of fun and its good you send some back to be hooked again.

Thanks for the thread mate.
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down