Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp

Go down

Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp Empty Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp

Post  datrat_87 on 21st January 2013, 7:34 am

Hey guys been on here a little while now and i am always amazed at what you guys find just off the coast. I have wanted to come on one of your trips for awhile now but i always seem to have something on that takes priority over the 1.5 to 2 hour trip depending on were you go. Id love to get into collecting i have a reef tank and become completely fascinated at the life that exists just on the live rock.

Recently i bought a yellow tang which wasn't cheap and i have been involved in a battle to get rid of black ich (not sure of the scientific name). I have found out that a red line cleaner shrimp would help to clean the tang so i wouldn't have to keep fresh water dipping it and causeing it so much stress. Can anyone on here agree with this theory? Id love to have a go at finding some of these pretty little shrimp myself but am unclear on what equipment i would need and where i should start looking. I have read that they hide with sea urchins and sea cucumbers and are relatively defencless. They will be found in depths of 40ft+?

Can anyone pm me with some more direction or help
thanks

datrat_87

Back to top Go down

Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp Empty Re: Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp

Post  liquidg on 21st January 2013, 10:25 am

Have a look through our information thread to the aandtsociety web pages, there is one there on how to collect these shrimp and one on all dive sites in SEQ.

The information on sites we go to is for aandtscoiety members only, sorry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp Empty Re: Lysmata amboinensis- Cleaner Shrimp

Post  datrat_87 on 21st January 2013, 11:36 pm

"The information on sites we go to is for aandtscoiety members only, sorry."
I thought thats what i became when i signed up to the aandtsociety? How do i become a member then?

Ill have another look through the website again.

Thanks

datrat_87

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan on 21st January 2013, 11:55 pm

datrat_87 wrote:"The information on sites we go to is for aandtscoiety members only, sorry."
I thought thats what i became when i signed up to the aandtsociety? How do i become a member then?

Ill have another look through the website again.

Thanks

Hi datrat_87

He refers to to collecting onsite aspect only, we have 2 club meetings each month, this is were you can join up, and become a club member if you like, not just a forum participant, info can be found in the "club info" section - it is simply a way of us all getting to know each other and our interests, as well as our capabilities in the water. No point in taking people who can't swim real well out on a dive boat offshore....

Hope to see you come along first one for the new year is tonight cheers

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  datrat_87 on 22nd January 2013, 12:22 am

[/quote]

Hope to see you come along first one for the new year is tonight cheers

Cool

[/quote]

Ha thanks i will definately try to make it. I doubt i will make it tonight ha but thank you. When is the next one and i will definately make it?
Ill go chek out the club info section now
Thanks

datrat_87

Back to top Go down

Post  datrat_87 on 22nd January 2013, 12:41 am

Tuesdays hmm. That doesn't make it easy as im in Toowoomba but i will bite the bullet and make it down to the one on the 12th of feb. I look forward to meeting you all!

datrat_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down