hey...

Go down

hey...

Post  Simon51 on 26th January 2013, 9:47 am

Hey everyone
I've been doing aquariums on and off my hole life(I am 26), about 3 years ago I went to marine because of the more colorful fish, I became hooked and here I am now I guess. I currently have 2 tanks, the smaller one a red sea max with just a crispa anemone, 2 percula clowns, 4 blue/green cromies, blue spotted puffer. The larger tank is an aqua one cube, In that I currently have, a bta anemone, 2 saddleback clowns, a small blue tang, a flame angel, a potters angel, a mandarin, royal gramma, 4 cromies, a cleaner wrasse, dwarf banana wrasse, flamehawk, red hermit crab, snails and as much coral as I can fit.
I liked to read a lot of these types of forums over the years but this is the first that I have joined. Your collection trips particularly interested me, I have often been down the beach myself and only found some crabs snails and white gloved glass shrimp I never new there was a hole group of u's doing the same thing, lol.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Re: hey...

Post  liquidg on 26th January 2013, 12:27 pm

Hey Simon.

Your aquariums sound cool,now pics please.

The Aquarium and terrarium society, which is we, started carrying out field trips from 1927.

I have only been in this club for 18 or so years and its changed a great deal in that time becoming only marine keepers.

We are the oldest in Auz and once represented most of the aquarium hobbies in Auz, the lack of foresight by past members missed the boat on using the Internet and nearly sent the club crashing.

One of oldest members still says the internet means nothing,lol.

There is only one club in the world that carries out similar to us with regard to field trips and they are from the Caribbean, I havenít herd from them in two years, I hope they still exist.

Recreational collecting is something that is hated by shops and knows nothing supposed green thinkers, more or less and they all run the Internet, which makes it interesting at times.

You are welcome here mate and we have some rules of course, most relate to being nice, donít indicate anything illegal in any way, never tell of spots you go to that would enable others to easily find.

Over all enjoy the sport of collecting that helps you see what you have brought home in a piece of the reef in your aquarium, also collection helps gain serious understanding of the oceans functions as you go and the big ones, protect the marine habitat and recreational collecting so both can remain for others in the future.

Hope to hear from you on the forum.

Back to top Go down

Meeting info?

Post  Simon51 on 15th February 2013, 3:11 am

Hey mate thanks for the reply
Yeah I was reading the history And origins of the club, as well as alot of the post's, certainly sounds like a wealth of knowledge has been collected and observed over the years.

I didn't really know where to ask this, I was just wanting to know abit more about the meetings if that's okay, (i have abit of a social anxiety problem so I like to find out as much as I can before hand if that's alright)
I was talking to my brother about it and he is keen to come along as well.

So I know it's 7.30pm, every 2nd and 4 th Tuesday, meaning the next is the 26th, at 80 Wembley rd Woodridge in Desley Scott's office. Is there anything else I should know?
Like its hard to find, parking, what u's do there, how long does it go for, any secret passwords to open the door lol,

Any extra information would be much appreciated
Si.mon

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 15th February 2013, 4:51 am

Itís along Wembley road just past the shopping centre at the second set of lights after you get on to Wembley road. Turn in there and itís the driveway straight away on the right and the window that faces the road on the left of you in the drive way as you turn in to the car park,that is the room we are in.
We meet and discus all subjects on reef keeping and our collecting trips from 7.30 pm to normally around 9.00pm.

cheers

Last edited by liquidg on 15th February 2013, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 15th February 2013, 6:36 am

Cheers bud, sounds good.
See how I go on the 26th I guess, lol.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content