Simon's tanked

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simon's tanked

Post  Simon51 on 19th March 2013, 2:24 am

Hey everyone, just thought I would put up a few pictures of one of my tanks. Itís a 275 litter AquaOne cube the dimensions are something like 68 x 68 x 73cm, the only real changeís I have done is changed the original t5ís that it came with to a 120w LEDís system and made a pre-filter basket sort of thing for it. Apart from that itís got a couple wave pumps and a couple continues pumps and the chiller. Most things in the tank started off as fragís or very small peaces and have grown over the last year. I kinda like watching them grow and spread. i think it has a little to much green in there at present but basically it is what is itÖ
Thanks for lookin Smile

Left- blue

Right Ė blue

Feeding

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon's tanked

Post  finfan on 19th March 2013, 3:01 am

Cool Simon51

Some very healthy and cool looking life in that tank - well done. I love your acro its looking great....

You seem to have a good balance for a tank of that size - and your choice of inhabitants is great

Thanks for sharing cheers

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  saltz on 19th March 2013, 3:16 am

Good looking tank mate, it'll look even better once the acro takes off, well done.

I could be wrong, but from some of the pictures, it seems like you've got quite a bit of micro bubbles in there, best to re-adjust your wavemakers and reduce the micro bubbles, otherwise your corals will suffer.

saltz

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 19th March 2013, 5:02 am

Cheers guys, there's no discrimination in my tank if u can survive u can stay, lol.

The bright green acro at the top I got about 7 months ago, it was a single 2cm skinny half bleached peace it's about 10cm now with three heads and I've taken 1 frag off it witch slowed it down for abit, lol.

Yeah I feed the tank with a few drops of some blended up fish stuff and vitamins and stuff a couple times a day and I had just put a few drops in before my brother came home and I used his phone to take the pictures. Normally the water is clearer, i am constantly slightly moving the wave makers to try find that sweet spot for all,

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 19th March 2013, 1:02 pm

Very nice mate, as dendro says it will look great once the corals attain a little more size and I like the clown wrasse, thatís a cutie!
Thanks for posting your pics.

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 13th January 2014, 11:54 am

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Caught this worm last night, no trap was going to work so I gloved up and went in.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 14th January 2014, 7:02 am

That's a chunky bristle!!
Some say the little ones are okay, I hate them all,lol.

Back to top Go down

Just an update

Post  Simon51 on 26th February 2014, 10:09 am

I know everyone always likes photos so just took a few on my phone. Hopefully I can upload them.

Right side

Middle

Left side

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 26th February 2014, 10:12 am

I know I missed some I the tank in the photos but I didn't think I would be able to upload them now I know how to I will take a few better ones sometime soon.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 26th February 2014, 1:40 pm

That looks like a really nice $100 yellow tang mate,lol.
Seriously, that tubastraea looks top notch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 9th January 2015, 9:16 am

Just a few quick pictures off my phone of my current tank. I am currently battling a byprosis problem but I am now ontop of it and it it slowly dieing off. Anyway here are some pics of my main tank. I will tank some of my two sump tank another time. Thanks for lookin

All the rock structure is on a frame I made out of condute, I am an electrician, and then siliconded gravel to the outisde so it looked more natural. I just made the frame so there was no rock sitting on the ground.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 9th January 2015, 10:35 am

Just an after thought, didn't want to sound like I new everything about Bryopsis, I have done a little research over the last few weeks, I have upt my magnesium to 1650ppm threw Kents tech m and continuum magnesium. As suggested threw my readings, I am a week into and the bryopsis seems to be more dieing off, maybe turning a ting of brown compared to its normal lushes green. I am hopeing this will kill it off, fingers crossed it seems to be working so far. After the majority is gone I plan on Turning all the lights off for 2 days 3 nights then only blues for a day then back to normal. Any input, experiences or advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I have had 0.02 highest for phosphate and nitrate for quite awhile now and it doesn't seem to effect the bryopsis, maybe only slow it a little.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top