Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013

Go down

Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013 Empty Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013

Post  finfan on 1st April 2013, 2:05 am

Hi All

Well another great day out.

The weather looked to be OK for a swim and as some other club members were heading out 3 of us decided to head out as well...

After a quick run through our awesome bay areas and out into the Blue water we were met with some OK conditions, wind was under 10 knots, the sun made a bit of an effort to show up and the water turned out to be a very pleasant 25 degree's. †This made for some good swimming conditions and as we arrived on a high tide, the visibility wasnít too bad either - 5 meters at the worst and up to 13 plus in the better parts.

I was after some shrimp and or tangs, as I love both but mainly Shrimp, the one I really wanted (not sure of its name) is very fast - anybody that has seen or had a crack at catching them will know they can be quite a challenge - there camouflage and speed keeps them well protected and they always has a speedy exit strategy.

A great day was had by us all and it was good to catch up with the rest of the club members to say hello and show our usual high level respect and charm in the witty discussions and exchange of information. Shocked

Here are some pics of what we came across.....

Enjoy -and of course the usual apologies for the crap camera phone pics in advance - it was late when we got back and dark.... Embarassed

There were heaps of these around - which was good to see

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was to be a special catch - Mike was on it but let it go for another fish,some tangs and surgeon fish are not allowed to be taken.

And here are some other VERY cool findings - †Cool

and my favourite

with Big Brother

So the 3 of us headed back later than planned and were greeted half way home with some pouring rain - nothing like a wet boat, wet bum and cold winds to make you really appreciate a HOT shower †pirat

Have Fun !

finfan

Back to top Go down

Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013 Empty Re: Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013

Post  liquidg on 1st April 2013, 9:02 am

Well done guys.
If you put the saron shrimp and the others somewhere handy for a better pic later on that would be great, we donít have pics of them in the reference section of the forum on shrimp found in our area.
The pyroferus heraldi mimic is nice, good catch!
I will get our pics up soon, just been a bit busy.

Back to top Go down

Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013 Empty Re: Collecting on the Last Day of March 2013

Post  DeadSled on 3rd April 2013, 4:05 am

I really want one of those blue and yellow little fish. So sweet looking!
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan on 3rd April 2013, 4:48 am

DeadSled wrote:I really want one of those blue and yellow little fish. So sweet looking!

yer mate - not sure what he is but it is the most awesome fish in my tank ATM - havent seen him eat yet though so getting a worried now ??

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down