Rockhampton?

Go down

Rockhampton?

Post  Simon51 on 18th April 2013, 9:15 am

Hey everyone, my boss reckons I gotta go work up at rockhamton for a month or two. Was wondering if anyone knows of anything to do up there? I live a pretty sheltered life, anything anyone can recommend worth checking out while I'm there would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers 51

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Re: Rockhampton?

Post  Simon51 on 9th May 2013, 12:44 pm

Well I'm up here and I know why no one wrote back with any ideas, lol

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan on 9th May 2013, 3:47 pm

Mate go and get a local eye fillet, cold beer and enjoy the serenity......

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 17th November 2013, 12:15 pm

I Had to come back up to rocky for a few weeks work and thought this time I was going to go on the Kepple island cruise with some mates I met up here last time. We Got on the fully licenced cat that took us to the island. Went on the glass bottom boat over some skattered coral sort of reef witch was like down here that I have seen so far. and then had hour at pub at keppel then bbq lunch then went snorkking on monkey reef which was way better then anything I have seen snorkeling, not that I have done that much. Like 2 football feilds of sps reef was great. Lots of stage horn. Plating, huge plates, big clams, there was a field of fluffy morphs that was bigger then my house and an anemone the size of my kitchen table, the local clowns were loveing it. Then we went on the drag net on the back of the boat for like half and hour around the island was heaps of fun but it was a work out I am rooted now. I bought a cheap underwater camera off the boat don't know how good that Stone Age film technology will be but hopefully they work out and I will try and scan them in or maybe the shop can make them digital???

Anyway guys I thought I would share my day with u's. I was honestly quite impressed with the hole day. If ur ever stuck in this are and need something to keep u sane I would recommend it. The cat leaves from Roslyn bay which is 10mins from where we are staying in yeppoon this time, so worked out pretty good. Apparently we have a job in makay next year so hopefully there reef is even better.

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan on 17th November 2013, 2:22 pm

Sweet mate

Sounds like a great day out, something I would love to do is explore those reefs up that way - they have a lot of great stuff to see and admire - an untouched paradise.

Thanks for the report - great stuff.

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 18th November 2013, 2:37 am

No worries, yeah was good actually better thn I was expecting. If anyone was intereste in a budget week away up north to dive some reefs up there sometime next year I would be interested. Don't know if something like that is possible and would need to be planned well ahead but would be a good trip away

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum