Hi from new member in Kilcoy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from new member in Kilcoy

Post  rjkanay on 20th April 2013, 2:24 am

Hello everyone. I have had a salt water tank now for about 4 years, a 5x2x2, and had a few corals and about 18 fish. I started building my house at Kilcoy a few years ago and during the move and storage I have only 3 fish left which are now housed in a 4x1.5x1.5 tank. I am looking at building it backup again and was looking for other marine aquarium enthusists that may live close to my area as there is not much out this way. I am currently trying out buying fish online from places like aquarium warehouse but still have to travel closer to Brisbane to pick them up.
I have a foxface, black & white and an orange & white clown fish which are breeding at the moment and have successfully raised 4 babies which are currently 4 weeks old. I work shift work so it is hard to be there when they hatch so I only got 4 from the last batch of eggs. I fed them on rotifers which I had a culture going for about 6 weeks and it just crashed in the last few days so no luck with the next batch of eggs.
Sorry for the long intro but I hope to meet up with some other members sometime along the way.

Thanks,
Rick.

rjkanay

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from new member in Kilcoy

Post  liquidg on 20th April 2013, 1:07 pm

Good to have you on here Rick.
That must make it hard for the hobby being out there, but hey, we love it,donít we?
Hope to see your input or questions as time goes on.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan on 20th April 2013, 1:37 pm

Hi Rick

Welcome mate.

Well done on the breeding, very hard to raise successfully especially without all the key ingredients close by....great effort to keep them going for 3 weeks....keep at it ah. Maybe some brine shrimp hatching in the mix as back up...

Keep us updated if possible - maybe some pics , I for one would love to see your babies...very cool indeed... cyclops

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  rjkanay on 20th April 2013, 9:11 pm

Hi,
Thank you for the replies. It does make it hard to run a marine tank far from the city but it's addictive. I did use baby brine shrimp at week 2 because what I have read is that they must be on rotifers for the first week. I had a batch of eggs just hatch last night but was not in a position to raise this lot, I will try again with the next batch. I will post some photos shortly. Thanks again guys.

rjkanay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top