hello all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hello all

Post  scottyb on 30th April 2013, 9:30 am

hi my names scott Iam 25 and i currently live at oceanshores northern nsw. Iam in to any thing to do with flora and funa. i worked with venomous animals for quiet some time n was lucky enough to live in far north queensland so iv had the chance to visit the GBR on many occasions. i have been keeping fish for many years was mainly in to australian native fresh water but a few years ago made the leap to salt. started with a small cube then a 3x2x2 then a 4x2x2 then a 4x3x2 hahaha then i had some financial woas and had to spend money else where moved house(timber house timber floor dose not go good with heavy tanks) got a job working 7-days a week ova the summer and sadly the tank suffered and was eventually dismantled. all tanks i kept where mainly filled with soft corals n as i like schooling fish i always kept a few anthia and chromis. the main thing i didn't like about salt water was its more of a money hobby then something fun to do. when i had fresh water i would go out bass fishing and catch shrimp n feeder fish and nothing would get your fish breeding like dropping in a few new arrivals from the wild. this made keeping the fish that much more rewarding n added some excitement to the hobby. so when i realized u could do this with saltwater as well i was stoked just a pity i dont live in the tropics no more hahaha. i have seen a few corals tube worms feathers and sponges around tho. i surf and snorkel n love checking out rocky areas at low tide. i have a small tank now but am unhappy with the rear built in filter. and i wont goooood lights for sps:). i plan on purchasing a new tank soon something small with a good size sump maybe a cade any info wld be good? i defiantly wont to stick to anthias as i think they are cool lil fishes n i went of soft coral n much prefer arcos chalice monties plates all the things i use to see lots of. Iam keen as to try get some photos meet some like minded people and maybe collect my own corals. i realize this has to be done in a sustainable manner so id love to go along for a dive with some one experience who knows how to harvest properly

scottyb

Back to top Go down

Re: hello all

Post  finfan on 30th April 2013, 10:13 am

Hiya Scott YB

Sounds like you have much in common with most people on this forum. Your start out sounds very familiar, I believe most start with fresh then go marine after or at some time.

Good luck with the new tank, hope you can run a thread on the progress mate, lots of good info on set ups here, lighting, filtration etc

Welcome and enjoy.

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum