South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-chip led's for my 8ft tank

3 posters

Go down

Multi-chip led's for my 8ft tank Empty Multi-chip led's for my 8ft tank

Post  Bretto 19th May 2013, 10:14 am

Hi Guys, Finally got my 8ft tank back from the Local Tank Engineer so I can finally start building my setup, I have been searching the net for DIY led builds and it seems I need about 400w of leds so was thinking 4X50w white & 4X50w with a combo (on different dimmable's) and 10w UV's mixed in. My plan is to run everything though the Arduino to create my own version of a reefkeeper system. Im looking at the chineses versions of LED's for the test run since they are cheep enough for testing but would like to here from others that have used the multi-chips and /or arduino if possible ?

Bretto

Back to top Go down

Multi-chip led's for my 8ft tank Empty Re: Multi-chip led's for my 8ft tank

Post  Makaira 19th May 2013, 3:31 pm

Mate sounds great i havent used the multi chips yet but i have made some .diy fixtures for my tank that i
Will be adding a arduino controller to when i get a chance. Im going to go.with the typhon from boostled.
Feel free.to have a look at my aquarium journal page to see the build
I am adding.uv and some.other supplementry colours in the next few weeks.
I have found that some corals have faded under just the white and blue
Makaira
Makaira

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan 19th May 2013, 11:10 pm

Bretto wrote:Hi Guys, Finally got my 8ft tank back from the Local Tank Engineer so I can finally start building my setup, I have been searching the net for DIY led builds and it seems I need about 400w of leds so was thinking 4X50w white & 4X50w with a combo (on different dimmable's) and 10w UV's mixed in. My plan is to run everything though the Arduino to create my own version of a reefkeeper system. Im looking at the chineses versions of LED's for the test run since they are cheep enough for testing but would like to here from others that have used the multi-chips and /or arduino if possible ?

Bretto - good to hear its getting off the ground mate.....looking forward to the pics

That choice in light will be fine - with the total spectrum and well placed scape you can keep anything and everything. The light will do a great job. LED technology these days is awesome, even at the cheap end - where the manufacturers save is on drivers and bin's produced-which means there may be a very small variance in the colours produced - but don't get caught up in that - just get them and make a good rock scape to place the different inhabitants in there desired locations...you will very happy with both the look and performance....

Now you just have to sort you sump, filtration and and create a stable easy to maintain design for years of aquatic pleasure affraid
cheers

Have fun

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bretto 22nd May 2013, 9:31 am

thanks guys will start a tank build in the journal section soon - your advice is needed and welcome and also Makaira if your up for it in the next few months we may be able to swap Ardunio sketches to get the best results for both of us Smile

Bretto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down