South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a few pictures of my outdoor tank

4 posters

Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty a few pictures of my outdoor tank

Post  neman 4th June 2009, 4:16 pm

the link below is of a gorgonian coral it got caught in my cast net at scarbourough reef point esplanade im
going to frag it very soon its orange with yellow polyps it loves the flow so much i have it
right under the return of my tank the tank is a 6x2x2 and its scratched quiet badly so i use it as a holding tank mainly.

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Fishtankpics030[IMG]

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Fishtankpics032

more pictures coming

Last edited by neman on 4th June 2009, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty Re: a few pictures of my outdoor tank

Post  neman 4th June 2009, 4:19 pm

a few pictures of my outdoor tank IMG_1378

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Fishtankpics009

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty writing in my photo

Post  neman 4th June 2009, 4:26 pm

dont know if anyone else can see it but the writing wasnt in my tank or in my photo when i uploaded it ahhahha lol!

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty nice idle

Post  Guest 5th June 2009, 1:14 am

neman wrote:dont know if anyone else can see it but the writing wasnt in my tank or in my photo when i uploaded it ahhahha lol!
The classic Moorish idle, nice fish.
What do you feed yours and how long have you had it; it looks young, is it?

What writing in the photo?

Do you guys in the club on this forum catch any idles at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  neman 5th June 2009, 1:22 am

he was a 30th birthday present from my mum shit did i say 30 man i feel old lol!
he eats evrything and any thing i put in the tank. and the writing seems to have gone
it may when i was uploading it and the sever was a bit slow hes has been with
me for about since february this year .hes only young so hopefull he can have a great life,
and long life in captivity .i dont think from expirence there as hard to keep as frist thought
.although for somereason i wake up evryday and expect to see him dead : Sad i don t want that to
happen

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty idle and age

Post  cetacean- 5th June 2009, 1:40 am

I just came on to look at some members tanks and here is some one saying 30 is old. Evil or Very Mad

You wait till you get near fifty,than you/i wish,you/i was 30 again/still! lol!

cetacean-

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty long time no see

Post  Admin 5th June 2009, 2:10 am

cetacean- wrote:I just came on to look at some members tanks and here

Hey cet, haven’t seen you around for a while.

You normally come on the low tide jaunts and there’s been three now and no sign of you.

These young people and their old age, 30??hah!

That question max on the idles, the club won’t normally catch one from the outer reefs as they can be a bit delicate in that they need more feeding than the average person can manage, so they tend to get skinny some where between 2 to 4 months.

The best ones for the aquarium are ones that came from estuaries so they can handle a bit more and are used to some varieties of foods and those do well if feed enough.

The ones that die early are normally stress damaged (very common, not just with idles).

Looks like a nice fish neman,if you want to try a little Cunjivoe and de husked peas, they keep very good body with those foods, though yours looks good.

Watch that cunjivoe, it is the best food possible for near on all marines, specially to start a fussy eater, but if left in the tank relying on just mainly live rock for to long, it,can kill the PH.

Max there is some video of a couple of dumber than usual idles on one of our trips that wanted to be caught; none of them were wanted on the day.

If you have the time, they are a good fish to have, my last one lasted nearly 7 years, my wife was home not working to feed it back than, it was as fat as!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty clown fish

Post  mandy&son 5th June 2009, 1:35 pm

Are those clown fish in the last picture?
I found out after i got a couple of nemos for my son that there are black nemos as well,are they them?

mandy&son

Back to top Go down

Post  neman 6th June 2009, 4:15 am

no there just your normal orngr clownfish .the black and white clownfish are endemic to darwin waters they are also
ocellaris but just a different colour and in my opinion areas nice as the orange clownfish

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty more ictures added these tanks are in my carport

Post  neman 11th June 2009, 4:04 am

a few pictures of my outdoor tank IMG_1603
a few pictures of my outdoor tank IMG_1602
a few pictures of my outdoor tank IMG_1601
a few pictures of my outdoor tank IMG_1596
a few pictures of my outdoor tank IMG_1597

these tanks where moved yesterday and i still have a 6 foot tank to move they get natural sunlight most of the day
they are pretty scratched tanks but im not looking at the glass Very Happy

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty out doors

Post  Guest 11th June 2009, 4:45 am

Do you have any hassles with the temp at the moment being out doors,i know it's cold over near the city today today you must have a grunty heater to cope with that.
the natural light thing though can get some amazing results in a tank,there is nothing like the sun!

Back to top Go down

Post  neman 11th June 2009, 6:12 am

no each tank has a 300 watt heater and the tank may only have about 150 litres of water or less even at night i put my hand in and the water is warm set to 26 degrees

neman

Back to top Go down

a few pictures of my outdoor tank Empty out side tanks!

Post  Admin 11th June 2009, 7:06 am

Don't forget to put on any fraging you have done well with,it all helps the knowledge pool for every one,from each and every one there is information to assist others,no one knows everything and no one knows nothing.
With out the hobbyist trying out things,there would be very little known at all and if some of the smartbutts(that sounds better) that put people down on some other areas,were able to quell exerimentation and the gaining of knowledge,they would win in not allowing the ordinary hobbyist to contribute as we always have and the earth would still be flat! lol!
Nearly all marine scientists,marine biologists,etc, were most likely once hobbyists!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  neman 11th June 2009, 7:39 am

i agree with you guess what i am Crying or Very sad ing i tried to lift up my six foot tank just to empty the water out of the bulkhead and i put down on the stand right where the bulkhead was and bang a busted bottom i was going to fix it but the tank is old heavy ,and very scratched so i just pusehd it off onto the grass and proceeded to dismantle the tank and chuck it in then bin . Crying or Very sad was going to place it in front of the other 2 tank and drill it for a surge device setup going into the four foot tanks damn it

neman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down