Hi All

Go down

Hi All

Post  Matt_84 on 24th July 2013, 8:45 am

Hi,
Stumbled across this site while reading another forum where they unfairly attacked one of your members.
Anyway, My name is Matt and I'm loving reading all about your collecting adventures.
I'm stuck in southern NSW and very very rarely get out on the water and when I do there isn't much to see when I do.
I have a small nano with various LPS etc and I'm mad keen on any inverts, Mainly thor amboinensis and I would give anything to get a few pairs of these little beauties lol

Well, thats enough about me. I'm off to do some more reading on your forum!

Matt_84

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi All

Post  liquidg on 24th July 2013, 1:16 pm

Welcome mate.
The forum issues you speak of are more common then many realise.
The internet is run as to their sponsorís/advertsisers requests/pressures or near to a business or actual businesses.
Our free forum will never fall short of representing all levels of reef keeping, water sports and generally being nice to those that are of a good nature, these are none negotiable!

You see the issue is money!
How many sponsors, which sell marine life or equipment want to condone a forum that shows and condones recreational collecting and tells others how to make it your self or where to buy it your self?

A part from our members having some top ways of reefing, on this forum are rough instructions on how to make something your self that enables never doing another water change; buying your own gear direct from manufacturers, making your own dosing needs and all reefs life, including sps thriving!
Now try being a high end user and buyer with an ego and then add in some that are in control of the moderator button and not being able to do this that easy, let alone even understanding how it is possible.
Then you have businesses interests, of which the internet virtually is, that want to make money from the sale of high-end gear that pay these forums to be on that forum.
You see what I mean?
Most people have no idea on many forums of how many threads are removed and altered in the name of sponsor and ego pandering!!!!!!

These are the only reasons for external pressure, some say its for the environment and protections of the ocean as to the condemning us, thatís a load of rubbish, most people know far less in relation to the ocean with what is affecting it and how it functions then most any of our members!

Most of what we use to remain on the net is cheap or free so we would still be on here even if we didnít get any support.

Sorry for all the words, I have been around all this for far to long I think.

Back to the thor shrimp, this is one of the community I have in one of my tubs that I just took a pic of when feeding them.
Ignobolis one of our knowledgeable club members on here has some as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by liquidg on 1st August 2013, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_84 on 30th July 2013, 12:33 am

Thanks for that liquidg,
A very interesting read indeed. Some forums do get a little out of control sometimes and what you just wrote mirrors some of my experiences exactly.
Thanks for posting up a pic of your shrimp too, i find these guys unbelievably interesting, and I hope to finally get a few for my tanks. Did you collect these yourself?
I would love to come up your way one day and go diving/collecting, I love looking through all your pics.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt_84

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 30th July 2013, 8:57 am

Yes it is collected.
They are very common here at low tide walks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_84 on 18th September 2013, 5:59 am

liquidg wrote:Yes it is collected.
They are very common here at low tide walks.
Hey Liquidg,
i'll be coming up to Bbrisbane in October on my way to through to the GBR, I'll only be there for one night and a bit in the morning the next day and I was hoping to do a bit of a low tide walk (tides and time permitting) around Moreton bay andI would love to see a thor in it's natural habitat. Do you have an spots you'd reveal where I might be able to see one? and or anything else interesting? I wont be collecting obviously but I would love to get ideas etc of the type of environment they are founds so when I do manage to get a pair I can re-create their home as best I can.

Thanks again,

Matt.

p.s Load more photos! Smile

Matt_84

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum