collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast

Go down

collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast Empty collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast

Post  Admin on 8th June 2009, 11:48 am

This is our early morning monday june 8 collecting trip.

We got to the water and it looked cold and dirty and it was dirty,so after a hot coffee or two and sit and look at the lovely ocean,we finaly got in.

Danny was into it first,he was keen,than colin, Nick and myself sat and slowly got in,we were the delecate ones,especialy me,eewww cold.

After we got in it was obviously low vis but it wasn't that cold,it was quite nice actualy,the plan than was to get Nick a tang,but that didn't work out.

Personaly i was after nothing,but if any one wanted something in particular as the vis was no good for some video,thats what i was there for,oh and i absolutely love the ocean and the sports with in!

The day was fine and the water was fun,so another great day out.

It was so early the moon was still up,but not the sun yet.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A couple of fish caught for colin and Nick.

Danny took some pics while chasing a few marines along the way and as you can see the vis was not great that day.

Once danny gets the shutter speed worked out more,there will be more and better.

Not the best of catches or vis,but we were mainly there to have fun,get some excercise,catch a few fish and enjoy a very nice day out together to share our passions for the ocean and the marine aquarium hobby!

Last edited by Admin on 11th August 2009, 3:37 am; edited 11 times in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast Empty Re: collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast

Post  DeadSled on 8th June 2009, 1:14 pm

Even though the vis wassn't as good as last time, yet much to my surprise it was warmer than the last trip.. i still had a blast. Well.. until that bloody boat came along Evil or Very Mad

Although even though after you three bailed out, i was still in lookin around Very Happy I definately had a lot of fun. I can't wait till we go out next Saturday. Hopefully tangs next week Razz

I had an idea when i got home.. i saw a lot of tangs grazing on the rocks on the wall.. if someone else went one side and another was on the other side of em.. one could scare em away and the other catch them on their way out of the rocks. I dont know if it'd work, but worth a try. Damn things are too fast for me anyway haha.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast Empty Re: collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast

Post  neman on 9th June 2009, 12:48 am

what do you guys use to catch fish any nets ?i just bought myself a 50ft drag net is that legal to catch fish at all.

neman

Back to top Go down

collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast Empty nets???

Post  Admin on 9th June 2009, 2:54 am

You are allowed to use a net like that,but it is not allowed to be anchored at all.

You know attach it or weight it down to one spot.

The way to go is either buy a cast net or make one,they catch every thing that you want,you swim along,fish goes to hide,drop it over the area scare it out and thats it!

A couple of the younger members are going this way very soon,i advised them to make there own from mono they can get off the net.

They are legal!!

Some of the lazy beggers use them,i used to be into that off and on,now i mainly prefer to have a look around and slowly approach the catching of them,you see more when you move around a lot.

Check out the apparatis section of the fisheries that follows from their website,it will tell you whats what,if still in doubt we call fisheries to get clarafication on any and all things.

This page has all that they govern,out side this,it's no worries and there are virtualy no limits out side narine parks as to how many aquarium species you can take,just check the species that you want to get,fisheries virtualy govern no aquarium species,just a few.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This link is from our rules and regs in the water sports section of this forum.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  neman on 9th June 2009, 3:51 am

yeah thanks i have read the link before i think you posted it in another swection of this forum
i was just wondering because i dont rember seeing anything particular about the use of dragnets to
to catch ornamental marine fish . :)i have both a cast net and a50ft dragnet .but the dragnet needs more weights on the bottom as it seems to be to lightand not stay on the bottm of the ocean .i didnt buy ther drag net to catch ornamentals just for bait and food for me .but if i can legally use it to catch me afew fish i wil;l give it a go soon

neman

Back to top Go down

collecting trip,very early morning to the gold coast Empty nets

Post  Admin on 9th June 2009, 7:30 am

if you are in doubt and the regs are vague,give fisheries a call,they are very helpful people and they will set you straight.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down