Hi All

Go down

Hi All Empty Hi All

Post  clownsarescary on 3rd July 2009, 9:03 am

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I've been running marine aquariums for the last 3 years.  I found out about this by following a few of the threads.  

I started trying to breed a few species of clownfish last year, and I'm just starting to get a few out.  I'm interested in the idea of breeding fish from our local waters to supplement the amount of fish commercially collected, and to record and publish methods so that others can have success as well.... particularly due to the state of some of the local waterways.

In my day job, I'm a teacher and a part-time web designer.  I'm keen to learn as much as I can about keeping marine aquariums, particularly if it can improve my methods.  I would like to see other peoples setups... and I'm happy for people to have a look at mine.

Cheers!

clownsarescary

Back to top Go down

Hi All Empty hi clownsarescary

Post  Admin on 3rd July 2009, 1:36 pm

sounds interesting,it will be good to here your progress on that. Very Happy

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Hi All Empty G day

Post  liquidg+ on 3rd July 2009, 1:53 pm

clownsarescary wrote:Hi,

I found out about this club on qldaf and masa by following a few of the threads.  

I would assume you found the masa bit with lg interesting,lol, they do not get on!
Sounds good about the clowns,i would be curious as to what you acheive,the semi local latezonatus can be a bit fussy!
Most are focusing on the easy ones,such as percula,ocerlaris,etc.

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Hi All Empty Re: Hi All

Post  clownsarescary on 3rd July 2009, 3:46 pm

I've just been breeding black Occys and tomatoes of late, but my GSM and WSM clowns are also spawning. I'd really like to get my latz going, but I haven't been able to work out all the variables to make them spawn. I'm working on getting a few more pairs to try and figure out what needs to be done.

Other than that, I'd love to replace the pair of perculas I lost to a rather hungry brittle star... and maybe get some pink skunks and akindynos.

Anyway... nice to meet everybody!

clownsarescary

Back to top Go down

Hi All Empty Re: Hi All

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum