Commercial collecting of aquarium species and how climate change negates any adverse affects from this.

Go down

Commercial collecting of aquarium species and how climate change negates any adverse affects from this.

Post  liquidg on 20th February 2015, 11:11 am

In Auz the methods are impeccable, these days!
They have too to sell their fish and inverts compared to cheap as chips marine life coming out of Indonesia, so all we have is a name for good quality.
For many years now, well in all of my time collecting, we are the only or near on the only country to not let inverts in?
Not sure on that one relating to other countries, but for sure if it not fish, then it is not allowed into the country, well not legally anyway, lol, I wont go into that one, lol!
But what negates all protection methods to protect from supposed over collection measures is that it will all suffer and change and to what ever degree, it will come crashing down compared to what I saw in my time no matter what measures are put in place to protect any semi or actual tropical areas.
It’s just that it won’t be over 80 percent of the reef dead in my time and many others time, but that slow but surely degradation of marine habitats that was not harmed or collected, that have died there or will, is not far off!
The ultra accelerating out comes of all this being 50 percent of the reef in just 30 years, its quite incredible that so clearly shows what’s coming “for sure” not maybe! All we can do with what is going to be done, or what is being done is slow it, ever so slightly!

Back to top Go down