Simon's 5ft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simon's 5ft

Post  Simon51 on 3rd March 2015, 10:06 am

hey everyone, I have had my new tank up and running about 10 months now. so I finally got around to taking some photos of my 5ft by 2ft by 2ft to put on here, light wise I have 3 by 160Watt full spectrum with UV LED lights, 100% blue & royal blue, and the other spectrums r at 35%. another thing I might mention, since I have a couple of photos of it, is that only about 20% of my live rock is on the ground, I built a frame out of conduit mostly, and have placed a twin powerhead behind the rockwork in the back corner to blow debris out from under the rock work, the fish and redlines love the big over hang swim threw area. I have a 2.5ft.L by 1ft.W by 1.5ft.H tank underneath that I use as my anemone tank or whatever I am into at the time, half the over flow from the main tank go's into this tank before overflowing into the sump/sock. the other over flow pipe just go's straight into the sock, the sump is 2ft by 2ft by1.5ft. as always the tanks a work in progress, I haven't tested for about a month now, touch wood. Although in saying that, if I notice different things on my sps I do do the dreaded testing. I have a doser for calcium, mag, stront, and alk and I am also dosing, potassium, iodide - slow release and iron once a week normally with a 20% water change every 2 weeks. I am running rowaphos, I put the hole 1ltr container in at a time, only because I am lazy, still lasts months. completely fill nitra guard titanium in a air injected reactor thing I made. I have different algaes and 2 little mangroves growing in my sump at night under pink LEDs. my latest thing, is to feed my corals/tank with coral food soaked in amino acids and dosed threw out a 24hr period with the skimmer off, so far I am really happy, obviously I have my hiccups but that's the fun part.

Thank for looking

recovering from the chop

frame I made for liverock

the big fella, lol

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon's 5ft

Post  liquidg on 3rd March 2015, 12:24 pm

Excellent stuff mate, that's a great looking tank cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 17th December 2015, 2:20 am

17/12/15

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 24th February 2016, 1:36 pm

Just a couple pics

Tank atm

Under the stairs

A RBTA it changed to this light bright pinky colour, better in person photo off my phone, I have had it this pale colour for about a year now, I feed it, I have cut it seems to be happy

In the same little anemone tank I made

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 24th February 2016, 1:42 pm

There's a other foot and abit of tank to the right, photobucket must of shrunk it. I will try get it all in for next photo

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon51 on 21st November 2016, 10:48 am

Main tank last week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simon51

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 22nd November 2016, 9:35 am

very nice mate!!!!

Back to top Go down