South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish.

2 posters

Go down

Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish. Empty Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish.

Post  Admin 22nd July 2009, 3:14 am

This lovely fish was first documented by Woods and Shultz in 1953.

The fish it self is not that unlike the lemon peel dwarf angelfish,just some slight colour variants and the heraldi is a very Resilient and easy to keep fish in comparison.

The possibility of this fish bothering your aquarium corals is slight compared to most marine angelfish.

The only others very reef safe are the coral beauty and the flame angel, not that they won’t annoy your corals, they are just better than most dwarfs offered for sale here in Aus.

If ever you are going to get a dwarf angel, look for the darkening around the eye and gill area, this as it darkens more and more shows you the fish is not long for this world or just very stressed or vitamin deficient.

The picture is of one just one day out of the ocean so the darkening is not overly apparent yet and it may not show on this one as it is in a tank before the sometimes deadly 48 hours of stress has passed.

Out of the three I have had over the years I have never had a problem with them, except a little dwarf on dwarf territorial fighting.

This one came from around 20 to 25 feet of water.

Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish. Heraldi-
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish. Empty Re: Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish.

Post  DeadSled 22nd July 2009, 4:48 am

Have you still got this angel? What were your plans for it.

I used to have one, got it from Marine Mates but it died a few days after. I'd love another one, they are very nice fish.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish. Empty sorry mate

Post  Admin 22nd July 2009, 11:55 am

That one was caught over a month ago and was given away ages ago.
the thread was just an observation of that particular dwarf angel.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish. Empty Re: Centropyge heraldi-yellow dwarf angelfish.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down