South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane)

2 posters

Go down

Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane) Empty Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane)

Post  Atlantis 6th August 2009, 2:42 am

We have a very attractive crab with tons of personality to give away to anyone who would be interested in adding her to their aquarium. She came in as an intruder in some live rock we purchased (sourced from Northern Queensland) and we have been watching her grow and play in our tank for a couple of months now. Unfortunately she is starting to become aggressive towards our fish and has been chomping on a feather starfish we just added to the tank so we feel it is time to let her go. I know most people will shudder at the thought of such an addition however we thought there may be someone out there with an interest in crabs who would give her a good home. I do have photos / videos of her but will not post them here because they are very large files, but can send to anyone who is interested. She is currently about 10 centimeters across and is mostly a red/orange colour with spotted claws that have blue spikes. I have had no luck in identifying the actual species although I have spent much time trawling through forums and photos on the net.
Alternatively - if there are no takers, can anyone suggest a good location to let her go?

Atlantis

Back to top Go down

Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane) Empty crabs!

Post  Admin 6th August 2009, 8:50 am

hey atlantis.
Do you have a photo bucket account,it's free to set one up and it will size your photos for you and you can load a video and you can than use an image code link or a direct link,than copy than past onto your thread or post.
I hope you find someone to take the crab,it sounds pretty.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane) Empty Thanks for the tip

Post  Atlantis 7th August 2009, 2:34 am

Hi there, thanks for the tip - I will look into it and see if I can get some pics up!

Atlantis

Back to top Go down

Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane) Empty help

Post  Admin 7th August 2009, 3:01 am

Any help you need,just ask!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane) Empty Re: Valentina the pretty red crab wants to find a new home (currently in Brisbane)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down