collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver.

Go down

collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver. Empty collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver.

Post  Admin on 9th August 2009, 3:35 pm

This wasnít an overly planned trip, it just came up all of a sudden, because one of the clubbies needed a few thousand litres of water as a water change and a couple of us tagged along to get some fish for both him and some for the Beenleigh show display.
The day was as good as you could get it really, though the 10 to 14 metres vis we had, could have been 20 plus, but thatís just not that common these days.

There were plenty of fish and inverts which are good as this area is hit quite hard by the commercial guys, which is fine, itís their job and if the fish were reduced that they catch, than as a result the prices would go up and put the hobby out of many peoples reach.

One thing that struck me as being quite sad though is that there were two areas over the last 6 months or so that were good to visit and have a look at the clown fish in the golden bubble anemones, one spot is very obscure, so it is still fine, but a few weeks back we were going past this place in the boat and we noticed that one of the commercial guys was in that spot working on hookah and now all the bubble anemones are gone and so are all the clowns that were in those ones.

Oh well such is life, it is a man made area so it is not like it is a valuable reef breeding area, so I would not begrudge the collection of them, it was just a shame that in just 15 feet of water you could see these fish and inverts going about there business and we had no intention of interfering with those so close for so many to enjoy so easily.

Itís a good spot to go to as there is always something for some one to get there and carry out all marine activities, like swimming,fishing,snorkelling,spearfishing and scuba diving.

Out of the four of us we did really well, not that we got a lot, just that it went very well ,conditions were very good and we all had a ball.
These are the pics from the trip.

It was pretty early when we left.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is how clear the water was.

This pic is through polarised sunnies.

A couple of videos.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A couple of the tube worms on the day.

Some of the fish on the day.

One of the chunky male banded shrimps in the area.

This was how very rough it was on the way back,lol!

Over all a very good day had by all.

Last edited by Admin on 21st September 2009, 8:08 am; edited 12 times in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver. Empty Re: collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver.

Post  DeadSled on 10th August 2009, 6:20 am

As said above, was a good day out. Very cold at first, although the second area i personally (colin agreed) that it was quite warmer, almost nice in the water with the wetsuits on.

Did you take pics of either of the Tangs that you caught? I've got mine in my 2ft now, along with all the tube worms. Also did you get a pic of that Scooter Dragonette i caught? Its in my sump for now but when i've got enough pods breeding in my 2ft, i'll be transferring the little guy in there.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver. Empty photos

Post  Admin on 10th August 2009, 10:13 am

I just put in some photos of what we do,thats enough.
if you have a photo of the little dragonet,send it and i will put it in,not the local tangs,we have pics from last time of some of them.
If you do take a pic,make sure it is in the sun for colour and a good body shape,no net damage showing,it has to be in the light for a while to have no stress colours and most of the pic to be the fish it self.
Mate if every pic taken on our trips was put in of the area,us,the scenery and the fish we catch ,there would be 50 photos for each trip.
I just pick the best,the colourful,what we haven't had in a thread and chop the pics up and put them on to show how wonderful what we get to see is with out dragging it on for to long.
The threads on here are normally copied over to up to 30 plus forums around the world including some groups on face book,not just here is aus and some forums only allow 4 pics per thread,your nano forum is one of them.
I got a little slack in putting some out there over the last two weeks and a couple of the american forums are sending emails asking for more updates on our trips.
Do a google search for aandtsociety or aandt society or brisbane aquarium society or south east queensland aquarium society,we take up 20 or more google search pages and that doesn't include the individual thread names or content of.
It taks a lot of internet time as it is to show a little of what we are so lucky to have at our door step and promote the club.

Another thing is there are all kinds of comments about what we do,some think we shouldn't be taking anything(not many),they are the people that think their fish they buy magicly appear in the shops and none die getting to the shops from bad treatment and commercial collectors don't go where we go and get all that is there and they get around a hundred times what we get and thats every work day,not just the weekends here and there like us and other people that get their own species.

It's the big picture i try to remember in putting us out there.

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver. Empty Re: collecting trip for show fish and inverts and a few for the driver.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down