South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acclimatising new fish to tank life

Go down

Acclimatising new fish to tank life Empty Acclimatising new fish to tank life

Post  liquidg 23rd May 2019, 11:58 pm

This way of housing or acclimatising fish and mobile inverts I came up with many years ago!
More so for my collecting to contain many similar life forms in one tank so they would not be able to fight and harm each other.
There are many things for sale to house life, but not like this, easy to handle, easy move around, easy put it along any edge of tubs or tanks and painfully cheap, lol.
It’s just a bottle or plastic jar, that is more or less transparent with holes done with soldering iron, drilling makes sharp edges and a weight at its base and weight on the fishing line that holds it on the edge.
You need to coat the sinkers if you use lead sinkers like it do, I wipe silicon all over the sinkers to stop any possible lead poisoning These need to be clear, that is because they tend to stress to death if they can not see out of the container and of course, if it is for acclimatising new life to tank life, they are safe with out the shit bashed out them while they watch their new home in safety!

Then let out into the tank just before lights out!
This guy lives in this one, like others in other tubs.

It can’t be let out anywhere, it is a latezonatus/clarkii hybrid and will bash up my latz.
This hybrid is roughly one-third lat, the other I have is 50/50 lat/clarkii, its nature is far better.
https://youtu.be/7Y4WNkXEquk
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down