collecting trip at the gold coast in august

Go down

collecting trip at the gold coast in august Empty collecting trip at the gold coast in august

Post  Admin on 22nd August 2009, 1:58 pm

we had a lovely sunny day,had all the gear on time for the tide and the water was filthy.
It didn't make much difference as the spot we went to had been cleaned out by the commercial guys any way.
Who cares we still had fun.

A part from have a bit of club fun trip for four of us,we also needed a couple more creatures for the beenleigh show tanks.
This is just a juvenile damsel(pomacentrus grammorhynchus)nice looking fish as a juvenile,not the best as an adult or its nature.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just a couple of more akindynos to go with the few we already have for the show.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There was a cute little puffer and a couple of anemone shrimp,but i don't have any pics of them.

Last edited by Admin on 4th October 2009, 12:47 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

collecting trip at the gold coast in august Empty Re: collecting trip at the gold coast in august

Post  DeadSled on 22nd August 2009, 2:37 pm

Yeah, as above.. it was very filthy with around 1m vis at best i reckon. Couldn't see anything, i kept loosing my gear as well it was so dirty.

Don't know if it was entirely worth going this time, only due to the water vis.. oh and because one of the other club members got the two clowns before i did Laughing but was still an ok day.

Oh, i better remember to take some sea sickness tablets next time, power chugging a breaka over the side of the boat definately isn't my ideal way of ending a trip haha.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

collecting trip at the gold coast in august Empty conditions

Post  Admin on 23rd August 2009, 5:45 am

You think that was bad,Chris and i went for splash there around two years ago before those guys in the rental boat started collecting everything there,(that one is obviously a private commercial thing)very naughty!!
Any way we would have a look there about 2 to 3 times a year and this one time and on this one particular day that he could get off from work(he's a work aholic)we had a look over the side of the boat in 4 foot and couldn't see the bottom and we still went in,it was nearly one foot of vis,you could not see past your elbow,eeerrrrr,who knows what else was in there with us that day.
When we were there on saturday just gone it was quite nice compared to the day chris and i had.
You could not use a net or let go of the bag,you would loose it,pitch black after one foot in front of your face,my mask hit the rocks so many times!!!
We lasted nearly an hour with i mil of clear vis and one foot before there was no vis,before i started getting a headache from trying to see.
We still got a couple of nice things.
Yeh i know(looney)just love the ocean and when at the ocean i like to get in and give it my best,though it is getting harder these days.

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

collecting trip at the gold coast in august Empty Re: collecting trip at the gold coast in august

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down