Marks new 5 by 5 tank

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marks new 5 by 5 tank

Post  Admin on 15th September 2009, 1:37 am

These are some pics of Marks 5 by 5 aquarium he sent in.

Last edited by Admin on 22nd October 2009, 4:07 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Marks new 5 by 5 tank

Post  DeadSled on 15th September 2009, 8:08 am

Who designed the rockscape? Honestly it should of been done like what you and me said originally, bombies and a wall around the overflow.

That scape is such a waste of the massive swim room, would of looked so much better with bombies cause the fish could of schooled in various places.

DeadSled

Back to top Go down

re tanks

Post  shaz on 27th November 2009, 1:14 pm

wow---- you have some serious stuff going on there !
i imagine once the tanks are sorted it will look brilliant Smile
must cost a fortune to have this tech equipment !
look forward to checking out the pics when fully established Smile

shaz

http://www.swanseabackpackers.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Hennessy on 27th October 2011, 12:22 pm

DeadSled wrote:Who designed the rockscape? Honestly it should of been done like what you and me said originally, bombies and a wall around the overflow.

That scape is such a waste of the massive swim room, would of looked so much better with bombies cause the fish could of schooled in various places.

I must agree, a couple of bombies near the front (one tall and one shorter) and a wall at the back would have been prime...... props for spending so much coin though.... that skimmer would be worth more than my car.

Hennessy

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 27th October 2011, 1:10 pm

Yeh it could have looked a lot better.

It doesnít matter now, in two weeks time he gives it all away to the research centre.

He offered it to us for nothing but no takers on it.

The equip for just the tank cost more than forty thousand dollars, the glass alone was imported 22 mil star fire especially for his tank.

Good bloke though, his next one is to be a small four footer and a hell of a lot cheaper.

liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  Hennessy on 28th October 2011, 12:48 am

liquidg wrote:It doesnít matter now, in two weeks time he gives it all away to the research centre.

He offered it to us for nothing but no takers on it.

WTF?

Hennessy

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_s_h on 30th October 2011, 12:10 pm

My thoughts exactly^^^^

nick_s_h

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 30th October 2011, 12:41 pm

Yeh i know,oh well!

liquidg

Back to top Go down

NO Takers ?????

Post  finfan on 31st October 2011, 1:12 am

Ok Guys

Out of the kindness of my heart I am happy to take it and offer it a good home, I promise to take care of it, love and cherish it till death us do part.... WOW what a set up !!!!

RESPECT !!!!! Shocked

Laughing

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 31st October 2011, 2:45 am

He tried everything tech based, three massive skimmers worth quite a few thousand dollars, industrial grade UV sterilizers, ozone generators, a miracle mud set up imported especially designed by the company for his tank, special algae from WA,everything you see on the net that is tech and promoted as the ants paints for marine-reef aquarium keeping, test kits for everything, trace elements recommended as the best, mate you have no idea what has been put into that gear!

Yet most of any fish gotten for it didnít make it, even when it all started falling down in quality,chems not available here were flown in, that was no good as well.

Just a few small things done differently and it would have all worked beautifully, for advice from the internet, the amount of fish he had,it was never going to work.

I like Mark, he and his wife are nice people, but when he saw my latest tank, you see he has never seen an actual display tank I make and set up, he said how I did it, couldnít happen that way, because the internet says it canít?

Oh and the tank was built in the house, each piece of glass took several people to carry and the floor was changed to support the weight, the tank most likely will have to be lifted out with a crane after some wall or maybe a window is removed.

Not many things done differently would have kept his accountant off his back and kept near on everything healthy.

It still looks good as it is, but it could have and was something that drops your jaw when you look at it.

I know we all need sponsorship form the shops to exist on the net, as Ben at age of aquariums helps us, but so much on the net is money first and it has gone to far, the forums on average are shop driven to a large degree or let opinions and disorders set back hobbyists so they have to buy to prop up a not so good as it could be hobby now, that is not the only thing promoted here!

Hey we had our club trip on sunday and what a day,very nice!

Ianqld is going to start up this thread about the day and Danny and I will add to it after he puts on his always lovely pics,what a day it was.

liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top