South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aquarium background glue

3 posters

Go down

aquarium background glue Empty aquarium background glue

Post  Admin 16th September 2009, 9:36 am

There is a relativly newish plastic background glue on the market called (seaview).
I saw a back ground of coral pics attached with this stuff on the back of the aquarium and it was as if it was apart of the back of the tank and it seemed to be three dimensional and very bright,better than the real stuff.

One of the best things about it is you can remove it if you want to,unlike most other glues.

Very handy stuff cheers

Last edited by Admin on 21st September 2009, 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

aquarium background glue Empty Re: aquarium background glue

Post  P I T A 16th September 2009, 9:53 am

Do you apply this product to the back wall from the inside or outside of the tank? alien

P I T A

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 16th September 2009, 10:17 am

If its a background, kinda like the ones you get for a freshwater tank, i'd assume outside.

Still though, painted backs black or blue with real coral on the inside are always better imo Laughing
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  P I T A 16th September 2009, 12:28 pm

DeadSled, seeing this wasn't your post how can you reply to it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? alien

P I T A

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 16th September 2009, 12:33 pm

Are you serious? Its a public forum, anyone can reply to your half wit questions.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  P I T A 16th September 2009, 12:47 pm

I know it's public forum - but if you want to look like twit, reply to as many posts as you want - but the fact remains you still DON'T KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alien

P I T A

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 16th September 2009, 12:51 pm

Why don't you read back through the posts and realize that i am in fact correct. It was stated that its a glue to attach aquarium backgrounds to a tank.

Where the hell do you think the background is gona go? On the inside of the tank where it'll end up covered in coralline and other types of algae, or on the outside where it'll stay clean?

Jesus christ.. use some common sense.

Furthermore, your the one that looks like a twit (for lack of a better word..). How do you think you will be able to put together a marine tank when you can't even construct a grammatically correct sentence?
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  P I T A 16th September 2009, 1:02 pm

Try thinking outside the square - not all of us have a marine tank - there is such a thing as a freshwater tank - as for sentence structure I have a Ph D in English Literature (What's your claim to fame?) - and do know how to spell! I could go back through ALL your posts and point out your spelling mistakes but that would only make you look foolish. Sheiler Park High School has never been noted for it's low OP's!

P I T A

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 16th September 2009, 1:26 pm

Har har har. Firstly, i'm a qualified TIG welder (means i can do better things with my qualification than you can), secondly i have a freshwater tank and its not as cool as my marine one.. and thirdly i didn't go to Shailer High, but at least i can spell it correctly.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

aquarium background glue Empty be cool!!!!!

Post  Admin 16th September 2009, 1:38 pm

You guys are carrying things to far; there is no reason to argue so much about this.

Do you have any idea how you will put off a less aggressive person having their say on this forum and encourage the wrong types having their say here and providing a good laugh for certain entities that may watch this rubbish and condone their condemnation of us here?

I used to use backgrounds on marine aquariums, mainly black plastic but I used silicon to attach it back in the day.

I would spread silicon over the rear of the aquarium with a wooden ruler then lay the plastic over it removing the bubbles as I went and than flattening the plastic with the ruler squeezing out the extra silicon and it looked okay and non toxic, but this glue wins hands down compared to what I did.
Time will tell if salt affects it as it does with many other things and substances on and in the aquarium.

The back ground I saw is applied outside the aquarium to attach the plastic background at the rear of the tank, if it is used in any other way, I have no idea!

I would assume that it is only used externally as it is a type of gel, though it is classed as non toxic i would not trust it in a marine aquarium and not externally as saltwater is extremely corrosive to a lot of substances rendering them soluble.

I remember back years ago trying the coolite styled background in salt water and over a short period of time it started to kill most life in the marine aquarium.

Some people that are not really the type to keep corals affectively would have a nice coral view(though fake) at the rear of the aquarium with this, personally I would use black as I turned to before doing away with a background years ago, but good on whom ever wishes to use such a handy invention.

Watch your words and attitudes guys, some other forums act in this way and if need be this tiny forum will be reduced in member numbers to avoid this type of thing.

This subject is now locked!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down