planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast

Go down

planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast Empty planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast

Post  Admin on 29th September 2009, 3:26 pm

If the water remains clear as it was last friday up there does anyone want to have a snorkel up there?
I am going up there to get my dad and bring hime back to bris for the weekend and was going to have a swim while there,anyone want to meet up there on sat morn,around 9 ish am.

Last edited by Admin on 4th October 2009, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast Empty Re: planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast

Post  DeadSled on 30th September 2009, 9:56 am

I'm keen if i can hitch a ride with either Louis or Colin, don't know if either are going or not yet.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast Empty Re: planninig of this saturdays collecting to the sunshine coast

Post  Admin on 30th September 2009, 11:51 am

Cool,check it out!

I am not worried if we don't,its just an idea because i have to go to my dads place and pick up his gear and him anyway and if the water in anywhere near as good as last friday,it will be good for up there.

I want to get Mark some more rockskippers(lawnmower blennies)that he wants as he has loaned me things and taken me over to amity a couple of times and housed and fed some of our beenliegh show stock,so i feel that i owe him a little,which is fair enough.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  atdm on 30th September 2009, 2:00 pm

Hey guys

I am keen for a snorkel if I can also catch a ride with someone, the wife is using the car this weekend for work

Let me know

atdm

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 30th September 2009, 2:51 pm

i can't mate i am picking up my dad and his junk after i leave there if the water is good,i will call the surf club and ask how it is to get a good idea of conditions before than.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ianqld on 1st October 2009, 6:51 am

Count me in.
I have room in the car for those that want a lift up and back.
ianqld
ianqld

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 1st October 2009, 7:06 am

I have pmed the others mate,thats very nice of you,i will pm you with the details of where to go,hopefully it will be good conditions. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 1st October 2009, 4:31 pm

I'm not 100% if i'm gona go just yet or not, might have something else on on the weekend..

I'll pm Ian about a lift.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  atdm on 2nd October 2009, 1:29 am

Hey.

Did you get any info as to the tides and the general conditions of the place?

Just in case....

Cheers

atdm

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 2nd October 2009, 1:45 am

It is looking good, it just depends on how much chop the wind produces this afternoon, hopefully not to much and stir it up.

The spot has been severely affected by the rains several months back, but you would hardly know it if you didn't go there regularly.
I hope it is good it is such a simple and safe little spot, just walk to it and step in and see huge gorgonians and heaps of other corals.
The place was alive with so many corals before the rains it looked better than any aquarium could look, most are dead and gone now, but it still looks great.
It is never very clear there thatís why the gorgonian does so well there, a lack of light and heaps of algae based planktonic foods.
I have some picks and a video or two from last week I will put up and add what ever from Saturday as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down