South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blenny Flesh Rotting / Missing?

2 posters

Go down

Blenny Flesh Rotting / Missing? Empty Blenny Flesh Rotting / Missing?

Post  DeadSled 29th September 2009, 4:41 pm

Basically, my big black blenny that i've got has jumped out of my tank twice now.. the first time about three or four weeks ago i picked him up and threw him back in, picked up with a tissue.. anyway second time happened a few days ago found him about 3m from the tank (no idea how..) and same thing, picked up with a tissue and put him back in the tank.

I then rearranged some of the rocks the day after, and i haddn't seen him for a few days until yesterday i spotted him and he looked fine, saw him tonight and one side of his head the top layer of skin has like rotted away, or missing.. i have no idea.

Anyone seen this happen before?
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Blenny Flesh Rotting / Missing? Empty Re: Blenny Flesh Rotting / Missing?

Post  DeadSled 30th September 2009, 9:59 am

Update.

Spotted him this morning, hes got like a creamy coloured slime over where it was "rotting" and where it was bad, looks grey again.. i'm hoping that he recovers, hes such a cool fish.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty 18th October 2009, 1:42 am

if your blenny is anything like the ones that we get locally here at our beaches ( northern tasmania ), they will "hop" for quite some distances on dry surfaces, as at low tide, its not unusual to see them try and "hop" or "jump" from one rock pool to another !

as for your flesh problem, did the tissue have any chemicals on it ? such as a purfumed tissue, or alo vera, ect ??? this may have been enough to cause a reaction with the poor blenny's skin.

scotty

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 18th October 2009, 2:27 am

I figured it did probably just hop across the floor.

I'm not sure but i think they might of been alo vera tissues. The blenny carked it like a month ago though, oh well.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down