Collecting trip down the coast october 18th

Go down

Collecting trip down the coast october 18th Empty Collecting trip down the coast october 18th

Post  Admin on 18th October 2009, 9:49 am

What a day, we left at 5.30 am to head down the coast for what we hoped was very clear water.

We had 10 to 12 metres and 22 degrees, not bad at all.

We first went in at Queensland and after that we had a look at the water in NSW to see if the life has come back to some degree after all the rains earlier this year wiped out all inshore dive sites.

NSW has a long way to go so we wonít be applying for a permit and getting a license just yet as we do to collect down there, we will go back January-February for another try if the rains donít wipe it out again.

This was the day.

Sunrise on the highway.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Our cup of coffee spot.

A nice red dragonet,very pretty little fish.

Always a cute blennie some where in Q.

An oarfish (Regalicus glesne) that wanted to cuddle Danny,very friendly,it must have had a spot in the latest horror movie,only a mum could love that face,all mouth!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There were so many sea hairs (nudi branchs) around where we were having a swim they were getting stuck to us.

Last edited by Admin on 22nd December 2009, 7:22 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Collecting trip down the coast october 18th Empty Re: Collecting trip down the coast october 18th

Post  scotty on 20th October 2009, 1:08 pm

i am so jealous just thinking about it, as its not something we can do down here Sad

scotty

Back to top Go down

Collecting trip down the coast october 18th Empty Re: Collecting trip down the coast october 18th

Post  Admin on 20th October 2009, 3:38 pm

You guys have one of the biggest crays in world in the waters down your way don't you?

You can always put on a dry suit and swim with a lot of sets of teeth around you,lol.

Do you get many whites down there?

One of the guys associated with the club runs dive charters out off straddie and he knows the shark lure and shark net guys out there and the shark guy gave a head of a white a couple of weeks back to the guy we know that was estimated at 10 feet in length that was bitten off just behind the head, the bite marks show it happened not from the side from the tail.

That must have been a big shark and that was just out of cylinder beach, a very popular spot for holiday makers and surfers, if only they knew what was out there.
cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty on 21st October 2009, 6:52 am

you get a few up here on the north west coast where I am, there was pics on the front page of the paper a few months back of a few fisherman in a small boat giving a white a pat on the head, because it came up to there boat for a look.

scotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 21st October 2009, 9:22 am

That would be a bit scary in a small boat.
My dads mate where he used to live on our sunshine coast was out in his outrigger canoe at brays point just a hundred metres off the rocks and a white started hanging around and when he started the engine and it bit the prop and nearly sunk it.
The pale colour of his face was still there a week later,lol.
I have only seen two and thats two to many!
What sought of set do you have scotty?
if you want to put on some image code links for us to check out.
Every ones aquarium is interesting!
cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty on 21st October 2009, 11:54 am

yeah, they are pretty intimidating, even through a thick sheet of glass at seaword, there is always that little thought in the back of your mind, summing up EVERY shark movie scene you have ever seen! hahaha

at the moment I have a 3 foot marine tank, with my 3 morays ( 1 snowflake, 1 peppered, and a zebra moray ) its a tempory tank untill i get my 6 footer done.
will get some pics posted up Very Happy

scotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 21st October 2009, 12:10 pm

Small tanks are still a very good way to enjoy the hobby,my favourite i have seen is a three footer,awsome tank,they just take a little more work on monitoring and filtration design.
Three eels together,any fights at all?
That would be interesting to see the three of them in one tank,the pics will be cool.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty on 21st October 2009, 12:37 pm

only fights are during feeding, one will pinch food from the others mouth, apart from that they have been in the one tank for 6 years, no probs!

scotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 21st October 2009, 1:26 pm

Sounds good scotty,it will be cool to see them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty on 21st October 2009, 1:36 pm

tried to create my own thread in the members section, mbut it wouldnt let me Sad

here you go

scotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 21st October 2009, 3:28 pm

Start a separate thread on it Scotty and name it as your tank or your eel tank or what ever and do you have any pics of it, a lot of people do not like opening a video as it chews up their pre paid.

The members section is for aandtsociety club members.

You can do a journal type of thing in the aquarium journal section if you wish or better still put your tank story and pics if there is no history of it in the marines general discussion section for all marine keepers to have a look, we donít have a lot of members but a lot of people here and over seas cruise the forum just to look at whatís new.

I would think a few would be keen to see your tank of eels as they are popular, especially predator tanks.
cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down