South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Algae all good,fish now

3 posters

Go down

Algae all good,fish now Empty Algae all good,fish now

Post  tod 25th October 2009, 11:02 am

Hey guys you were so right it was just that my tank wasn't aged enough Embarassed
Sorry i didn't get back to you all quicker,it's all good now cheers
Thanks for the advice.
Just a little more advice if i could,i am loosing interest in the corals and would like to run a couple of dwarf angels,which ones would you recomend?
I am still interested in some wrasse as well,what are the opinions on those?

tod

Back to top Go down

Algae all good,fish now Empty more advice

Post  louis_gettings 27th October 2009, 11:57 pm

We are glad to help. As for ur fish question it really depends on what you want to spend. If you dont mind spending a bit get a flame angel, if ur looking for a cheaper fish get a bicolour angel or coral beauty.

Hope that answers ur question. Cheers, Louis

louis_gettings

Back to top Go down

Algae all good,fish now Empty Re: Algae all good,fish now

Post  tod 28th October 2009, 2:13 pm

Cool mate thanks for that.
Hey what's your opinon on lemon peels and heraldi dwarfs?
Are there some tougher than others and do any get on with others beter than most?

tod

Back to top Go down

Post  atdm 30th October 2009, 10:45 pm

mate I find the eblii angel very nice and though enough. Very nice character but it does nip at corals. It is very nice fish to have and it is not that expensive

Also the pearl scale angel is really nice, very similar to the eblii but slightly larger and without the yellow markings. Had this 2 fishes for over a year without problems

I have not had good luck with the flame angels. They seem to be quite territorial and expensive.

Never had a lemon peel....

atdm

Back to top Go down

Post  tod 4th November 2009, 1:03 am

I went with what you guys said and the fish are great,i got an eblii and a coral beauty the flames are a bit exp for me.
They have settled in pretty good,the eblii was a little slow to eat,both doing great now,they chase each other a little,nothing bad.
I have looked at your page on marine keeping and it seems to be right on the money with what to do when picking a fish,i got a couple of good ones,i made up my mind to get just one more dwarf angel and the information points to a heraldi,thats the my next and last dwarf.
The algae on the glass is growing so fast,so annoying,can't see my fish half the time,i have tried all the lfs stuff.no real results for me. Sad

tod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down