Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January

Go down

Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January Empty Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January

Post  liquidg+ on 15th January 2010, 5:23 am

Hey guys get in touch about this as it looks like a good tide for that day,if enough want to do this we may make a trip up the coast instead of just the usual.
Get in touch early so we can make proper plans. cheers

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January Empty Re: Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January

Post  DeadSled on 15th January 2010, 9:00 am

I'm keen.

Also, i found an awesome spot down near the border that you haven't got listed and i'm unsure if you even know about it. I saw a juvi purple tang there too Shocked followed for a while but no dice.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January Empty Re: Plannning low tide collecting on sunday 31st of January

Post  Admin on 15th January 2010, 2:42 pm

From port stevens to seventeen seventies there are none unknown.But mate watch out for NSW fisheries,you will get shot with out a fishing liscence and collecting permit,thats why none are mentioned from the border to down there.

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 15th January 2010, 3:32 pm

Nah it was our side of the border. I already knew of that.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 16th January 2010, 6:48 am

yeh there are hundreds deadsled and mentioning them all would be a mistake.

There are several on the goldie you can walk into that are some times good,my all time fav was kirra reef until it was covered by the sand pumping next to the tweed river,oh in the day,so nice.

Several different Angle fish,coris wrasse,latezonatus clowns,oh you just had to see it.

The depth was from 14 to 30 feet of absolute heaven and it was only a half mile swim out to it,i got my first six bar angle out there,like a semi but the more straightish lines.

It had a cave,crays,anthias,heaps of clowns in anemones,beautiful corals,sponges and tube worms galore out there,but its not a prob to pass on that info as it isnt there any more,it was all coverd to death by the sand pumping.

Some of us lucky ones to have used that reef will remember it in fond regard,for 25 yeasr for me that was the best of the best shore dives but not overly well known for what was there.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 16th January 2010, 7:08 am

Its a shame isn't it.

Seems places like just up the coast and the island trips are the best places around these days. Not much stuff at the gold coast as far as corals and stuff goes, some nice fish though.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 16th January 2010, 8:00 am

yeh its nice to see corals as part of the habitat for fish to start in,but the gold coast in close has bad water lots of collectors and obscured sunlight in most ares as well.
bummer.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down