Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday

Go down

Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday Empty Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday

Post  Admin on 2nd February 2010, 7:43 am

Hey clubbies we are going to see if there is some clear water this saturday to get a few fishies,so get in touch.

Danny neads some fish in particular so its time to hit the water and see what has been dropped in the planktonic disperal from last years batches.

From late January through to early march is when the time to feel more confident for most of the juveniles to come out to feed with enough size to not feel so threatend by larger species.

Wrasse show their new faces around November,cheatodons December/January,larger angel fish from late January on,dwarf angles from february to march and tangs/surgeons more so february/March.

On the outer reefs and sometimes the inner reeefs if the winter has not let the waters get below 18c there can be a few all year round sent down in the plankton from the barrier reef to us.

The life will get very buisy soon so lets check out whats happening in our waters.

Last edited by Admin on 7th February 2010, 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday Empty Re: Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday

Post  DeadSled on 2nd February 2010, 10:29 am

I'm definitely keen! Theres those two species of Tangs i told you about that i'm very interested in owning.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday Empty Re: Planning collecting trip for this weekend on saturday

Post  Admin on 2nd February 2010, 10:37 am

Well get into them deadsled,time patience and sometimes a lot load of work will get you some.

That bristle tooth of Marks was a killer,that was a lot of work. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 2nd February 2010, 10:59 am

A purple one, and a black with orange tail one.. and my life will be complete Laughing

Does Mark still have that Tang? Me and my missus went over and saw his tank after i called you the other day, and i never saw it. I did however see his Eyestripe has gotten a LOT bigger than mine.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 2nd February 2010, 1:02 pm

Oh mate his tank has so many fish in there its rediculas,i think its over a hundred and twenty now.

Head over on a saturday between 10am and 2pm,the lights start their cycle of shuting down from 2pm.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 2nd February 2010, 1:40 pm

It looked unreal when we went and saw it last week.

I never saw a purple tang, and he said he didn't have any fish out the back.. perhaps it died? Or he gave it away?

Do you think there would of been any die off from all the rain lately?
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 2nd February 2010, 1:45 pm

No it was no where near heavy enough to affect any real salinity.

It may dirty the water a little tough.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 3rd February 2010, 4:56 am

Ah sweet as. Well, where abouts will we be going? What time roughly?
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 3rd February 2010, 6:19 am

I wont know until tomorrow,when Danny gives a call.

Once i know i will pm or email you.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down