Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday

Go down

Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday Empty Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday

Post  Admin on 8th April 2010, 9:31 am

This weekend if any one is interested in some free diving there are some lawn mower blennies waiting to be caught on the sunshine coast.

The tide is very early so it will be a case of in the water at 7am so heading up by 5.30 am, who’s up for it and which day is preferred?

It will be hit or miss with conditions,it may be good or it may be just okay,we have had conflicting reports so far.

This is the cream of the shallow shore line sun shine coast spots,it should be interesting to see whats on offer this season as march/april is when it all starts to come to life.

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday Empty Re: Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday

Post  ianqld on 8th April 2010, 1:40 pm

I'll be there, even if I have to sleep in the car.

I need some lawnmower blennies for the new tank.

Either day is good.

ianqld
ianqld

Back to top Go down

Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday Empty Re: Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday

Post  colin on 8th April 2010, 11:45 pm

i'm keen. but only on sunday.

colin

Back to top Go down

Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday Empty re sunshine coast

Post  moorish idol on 9th April 2010, 3:37 am

Hi there
So where exactly is this place ? . Do we have to be a member of your club to join in ?
We have read on a few of the forums about some spots around the Sunshine Coast however your input would be much appreciated . cheers.

moorish idol

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 9th April 2010, 5:34 am

moorish idol wrote:Hi there
So where exactly is this place ? . Do we have to be a member of your club to join in ?
We have read on a few of the forums about some spots around the Sunshine Coast however your input would be much appreciated . cheers.
Sorry moorish idle,these are club trips,but there are heaps of spots up the sunshine coast,just have a look around as i have over the last 30 years or so.
I remember the first time i looked under the water up there with just a short swim off shore in 1977,didn't need a boat for those types of spots and saw my first painted cray,tasty crays those,lol.
My brother and me combed the sun shine coast on tank and free diving from back than and found some top spots,the hard thing these days as a result of farming practices and mostly the canals is to find the very good vis that used be common up there but not these days.

Good luck. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled on 9th April 2010, 5:54 am

I can't make it this weekend, although if you could please catch me one of those Black tangs with the orange tail.

I have an eyestripe tang i will trade for it.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 9th April 2010, 7:30 am

Sorry deadsled,that one is around the corner more so,the lawn mowers if we can see them are on the rock formations where i don't think i have seen one of those there.

Those tangs are only in 3 to 15 deep of water when we go there.

The trip will be on saturday clubbies,we will pm you the link to the clubs map for the exact spot to got to at say 7.30 am,we won't make the high tide,it is to early but at this spot if the water is clear it matters not what the tide is.

If the water is clear i want to try out the camera on all the small fish there with macro shots and the amazing leather,finger and acropora coral gardens there,it seems to work okay for a cheapy when you are very still.

See you there. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Planning early collecting trip either Saturday or Sunday Empty How do you "join" the club

Post  BRADDLES on 16th April 2010, 5:03 am

Hi there;

I would love to come to a collecting trip also.

How do you become a member to attend one of these trips?

Kind regards,

Brad.

BRADDLES

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 16th April 2010, 11:27 am

Hi Brad this is our club info page on the net.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The trip is full guys,looks like the reports from the divers are saying 10 to 15 metres vis and 24c-25c water temp,excelent!!

The daughter and boyfriend just came over and wanted to go tomorrow and they are not happy to miss out such good water conditions,but members come first on these club planned trips.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down