Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th.

Go down

Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th. Empty Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th.

Post  Admin on 24th April 2010, 3:08 pm

This trip three people went.

Well there were two in the water so it wasnt to bad really its just a shame no one else club wise were interested or around this time as the water reports were very good.

There was nothing new there so it was just a few things,it was mainly just for the love the ocean and all it has to veiw and offer.

Always a couple of locals watching carefully.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The catch.

This is a nice sized shovel nosed ray a young bloke caught near by,nice eating these.

The day provided a few average under water pics.

You wouldnt be in the south east with out seaing at least one lion fish on a trip to collect.

Quite a few large mangrove jacks down deep here.
There were hundreds of them,some near on a metre long.

More than 20 or so semicirculatus were seen,only one was wanted this time.

Not far from the mangrove jacks in 30 to 50 feet of water there were some large schools of these trevaly.

Last edited by Admin on 28th April 2010, 12:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th. Empty Re: Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th.

Post  shaz on 24th April 2010, 3:41 pm

average underwater pics ?? .. i think your taking some excellent U/W pics and videos and the camera you have is doing a great job .. i have purchased the same after reading from your thread about it . so i hope i can get similar shots in time .
. --- It seems you get alot of the semi circulartis in your area? ----one of my fav fish,
can you see lots of these with a shore dive.? or are they mainly out wide? .
..Also the wobby gong sharks i noticed in one of your posts you were saying they are a huge problem in the S/E ?
I have only seen a few wobbys at any one time down south one was massive on a night dive hanging n sizing up a cray in a cave by the looks -----scared the life out of me ,,it was over 6 ' other than that have not had a prob with them .

shaz

http://www.swanseabackpackers.com.au

Back to top Go down

Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th. Empty Re: Collecting trip,just a few this time on the saturday 24th.

Post  Admin on 25th April 2010, 7:29 am

Most people that just sports dive will never see the probs that wobbies cause in great abundance as any overly abundant creature will cause if numbers are encouraged or at least let happen to blow out at one area.

This happens all over, crown of thorns, cane toads, starfish, algae, toad fish, there are heaps of places where something is over abundant normally because of us and a decline in other species occurs because of this.

If it wasn't for an asteroid or two and volcanoes we would not have been for a lot longer yet.

This spot is with all that we go to, we don't share any exact spots on the World Wide Web or to non club members to cause over collecting or inappropriate methods to happen or notice to once quiet spots or badly informed greenies to turn up and disrupt something they have no idea about at all.

You are a club member so we will pm you the exact spot to find these semis.

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down