Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010

Go down

Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010 Empty Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010

Post  Admin on 26th April 2010, 11:34 am

Do to very nice weather today some mates and i did the wednesday trip today.

As per usual we had a great time saw lots of interesting things and of course Colin found a blue ring with in moments of arriving after us.

I think there is an attraction thing going on there because we haven't spotted any at this place in many years and he found two last time and the only one seen this time.

Oh well so be it,the rest of us are all blind.

We saw heaps of peppermint shrimp,boxer sgrimp,a red ocy or two and lots of blennies and gobies.

The reason we were here was mainly for fish food life forms,these are the pics from the day.

One of the two types of sponge that do very well in the aquarium normally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One of three blue rings seen.

One of the common fish we get as feeder fish, they are also fantastic at reducing algae.

These extremely common porcelain crabs will make the clown triggor very happy.

Last edited by Admin on 2nd May 2010, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010 Empty Re: Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010

Post  chafule on 28th April 2010, 2:21 pm

Looks like a nice trip.
I was waiting for the report for today but I guess you went on Monday.
I would like to come out on one of these low tide trips as I don't think I will have a chance at snorkelling and collecting.
Interested in knowing what you guys wear in terms of boots and gloves for protection?
I have some crappy reef shoes from K-mart but im sure they wont protect me from a bite.

chafule

Back to top Go down

Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010 Empty Re: Collecting trip low tide monday 26th april 2010

Post  liquidg on 29th April 2010, 8:16 am

Most of us use dive booties and a couple of the mates use joggers.

Last edited by liquidg on 2nd October 2014, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  chafule on 29th April 2010, 11:25 am

Im suprised some only wear joggers, last time I went for a lowtide walk in joggers my foot got sliced up by oysters  Crying or Very sad

chafule

Back to top Go down

Post  neman on 30th April 2010, 12:23 pm

those gobies are very reef safe though they have a habit of sitting on some types of corals causing the coral to close . they also are the best at rdding the green films of algae on the glass i collected a few from caloundra a few times ive been up there .they leave what looks like little kisses on the glass where they have cleand the glass off

neman

Back to top Go down

Post  neman on 30th April 2010, 12:28 pm

just to let people know i have been on my first collecting trip mainly fishin for food  and caught so many small sting rays there the best  pet i have trained some to hand feed once   i get them all the time i love them there just like little puppy dogs recognising me evrytime i walk near the tank waiting for a feed.

neman

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 30th April 2010, 2:34 pm

hey neman why don't you put a link to it here in the correct section of course.

How are health issues going?

you would have loved our last big trip,there were hundreds of juvenile bullrays,no where to put your hands on the ocean floor,they were every where.

Last edited by liquidg on 2nd October 2014, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  neman on 30th April 2010, 3:41 pm

sent a friend request to you .as for my health issues im still waiting for my operation i just wanna get on with life but the op is stopping me i cant do anything longterm like a job cause i may get my op and will be off work for a while .so i just wait

neman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down