Lower back pain you can reduce your self.

Go down

Lower back pain you can reduce your self.

Post  liquidg on 10th April 2011, 2:25 pm

This part of the back is not just suffered by those that carry out extensive physical labour, just sitting at a computer or driving a vehicle can give you just as much trouble at times.
Mostly a large proportion of us are genetically destined to suffer a sore lower back, increasing in intensity every year, especialy once we hit our 30s and 40s.
This means the natural process of the fluid sacks between the disks are becoming more rigid and less inclined to recover quick enough as we age.
Over the day, as we sit or work upright these sacks are compressed bringing the disk cartilage very close to the next disk and these sacks may loose some of the fluid damaging cartilage as they colide protecting the disks and the fluid may harden over time around the spinal cord causing serious problems.
Mostly our lower disks get closer together with out a lot of pressure on the cord but still giving us compression problems with the sciatic nerves where they leave the disks and enter the hip area to the ham string.

If you can become horizontal as often as possible, like work breaks, a nap here and there, or while watching tele,this will give the sacks a chance to regain some potential shape once the weight is off them.

This becomes more important as we age due to increasing rigidity of the fluids in the sacks making recovery slower with each year.
Stretching and heat applied correctly will allow you a lot longer to enjoy near to no serious back discomfort that will come to 9 out of 10 of us.
The average movements during the day are enough to make your lower back tighten in response to this as you sleep, let alone from actual physical labour.

This has done even more damage due to near no sack recovery during sleep or relaxed times.
There are two very simple things you can do to help enjoy consistent ease at putting on your socks or underwear that as many of us know becomes a huge issue with a bad back.

Firstly lay on a heat bag or hot water bottle with a towel or similar over it so you can feel it hot, not to hot, for five to fifteen minutes.
It should be directly under the last four disks and out to the hips if it is a rectangular shape like a water bottle.
Once you pull the wheat bag-bottle from under you, raise one leg with the knee bent until the top part of this leg is more or less ninety degrees with the knee bent.

Raise the other leg to be stretched first, keeping it totally straight, now loop the towel you used for the hot water bottle to the arch of your raised foot, hold both ends of the towel and pull your straight leg towards you until there is some slight pain experienced along the back of your leg.
Do this before getting out of bed with out heat if need be than later with heat before carrying out activities than before lifting or excessive bending over, than just before bed!

If you do this, you may never have your back go out again, at least for far longer than it should taken before your first crippling experience
Also if you have already injured your lower back,with this stretch each hour or so, your back problem may be gone in a few days, if not eased greatly by the next day of it happening.

Many do this stretch, which is a ham string stretch, by lifting a leg up in front of them onto a table or hand rail, whatever and lean over.
This way will, not maybe, damage the skirt around your hip joints that helps your leg stay in the socket causing minor or major damage to these skirts via splitting.

Potentially reaching into the socket, and they do not heal, this adversely adds wear to the socket making you a very good case for a hip replacement in later life, earlier than need be.

If you do a stretch like this in anyway, even accidentally by a dance move of some kind of a fall, the wear will begin to set you up for your first hip replacement far earlier than you should have.

With key hole surgery, (arthroscopy),it can be fixed with a great deal of ease before it becomes a huge issue and you literally walk out that day, in Pain for a while of course,lol.

Back to top Go down

some more

Post  liquidg on 21st February 2017, 2:42 pm

With out ham string stretches, you are wasting your time, every one is!! The heat helps oxygenate but mainly softens not just heaps of ligaments and muscles, but the fluid sacks that are between the disks. That fluid hardens as we age and disks get closer to each other and it does not reform like it should as we sleep. The ligaments and muscles surround the lower disks, they get inflamed with day to day stuff and you are in trouble and with out warning suddenly you are crippled ,how did that happen? I did nothing just then? you did it yesterday! or over the last week, the result is today and normally with out warning! Our sciatic run in the ham strings, you stretch the hamies and you stretch the sciatic stopping them from pulling into a gap and getting pinched which is near every ones bad back! Heat before bed, soft sacks to reform as you relax and so do those inflamed things that wrap around our lower discs pulling them harder and harder against each other wearing out cartilage closing gaps and pinching sciatic. If you have not looked after your back and near no one does and have not permanently harmed your back, oh well!! It is so simple to prolong your backs health-gaps and keep doing stuff , that folks will say,"at your age that should not be possible". It is so simple feel sorry fore th9ose that will not do it or are too stubborn to try it over a few months just to see, bit they wont see cause they will not have back issues to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember a concreting mob working on some paths way back, this day I walked to the shops past them and a young bloke was on his back in pain, bad back, the much older boss was right into it doing great, I asked him what was wrong with him, he said the young would not do the stretches he does each day before work and before bed, the same stretches I was advised to do by a very experienced physio and use to do in marshal arts back, when my back never went out due to training stretches. After he showed me how to protect my back from ever giving me grief again, I remembered those were the stretches at training that were protecting my back, incidentally. So many folks around me get bad backs, I do not any more, still do concreting, landscape, building maintenance, ocean water sports, motor cycle riding and much more at 59, no back issues for 14 or 15 years now!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum