Forum arguments about collecting.

Go down

Forum arguments about collecting. Empty Forum arguments about collecting.

Post  Kate on 26th August 2011, 9:51 am

This is for liquidg.
You suggested I give a new forum a little help by registering a month ago and i know not to mention the name so two days ago I had the time to have a look see at it
First thing to do was to see what you were saying on there as you recommended it in the first place
There was an argument in the introduce your self forum and some rather abrasive terms in the photographic forum as well
Two questions what did they mean about selling and why are there arguments over there
Sad

Kate

Back to top Go down

Forum arguments about collecting. Empty Re: Forum arguments about collecting.

Post  liquidg on 26th August 2011, 1:04 pm

Well Kate, thatís an interesting line of questioning you have put to me, so being that what you are asking is totally innocent I will respond in kind and not as if I am texting back to some one from the opinions and disorders group.

Firstly I have very little patience on these matters after all these years of diving and collecting both commercially up until 20 years back and recreationally for who knows how long and actually I enjoy arguing either in person, verbally or via text on these matters.

This is not a good thing, I realise that, but hey thatís me!

The photo section thread over there you mentioned is me being very blunt again and them removing any chance to respond after the( I rest my case) comment, which was meant to be as sarcastic as possible!

It was a weak thing of them to do, removing the chance to respond in any way so they could say anything really and it would look, with no return comment, as if to show guilt of some kind or give credence to their load of bull and their desperation, personally I would say it was gutless, but thatís just me, maybe in ten years or so I would be to old to back up that comment in any way, but not yet, lol, but hey itís their forum and their rules.

You see I was asked by one of our forum members as is on theirs, to go over to put on some collecting stuff!

They are direct competition to the opinions group and some came over to that one as well that have some interesting opinions, hence the arguments!

I should have looked at the forum as to what the ones that run it are into, one sells corals and the other I forget.
Okay, I turn up and here is some one on there telling people how to get their own and legally as well, to circumvent the shops control of the market and promote a club that gets their own!

This I put on another forum run by shops, thatís what the competition to the disorders group is, (selling stuff), that was never going to work out.

So I couldnít say anything to defend against their garbage so I removed most of the pics from their site via codes and not actually on the forum, be blowed if I would do the work I do to help promote the club and leave some of that work on another forum run in same way as where they came from, that should have been the first clue to not have anything to do with that part of the original shop run forum.

Thatís two forums now here in Auz,that I know of, that are mainly about selling you something or get you to buy something, how is that a forum?

I need to get out more; I thought a forum was a forum?

The world is abundant with interesting people and the Internet has heaps of interesting people on it for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate on 27th August 2011, 1:15 am

I had a look a closer look at the interests of the moderators and that is surprising Shocked
There are sales trying to be made and you are telling others how to get their own and not have bought everything
I can see why the aandtsociety club threads on their forum wouldnít be tolerated
You are total opposites in a way like chalk and cheese lol!
The collecting you all do is not bad as i thought the shops all sell fish that are collected and corals also
Still sad that there is so much tension for no sensible reason that I can see once you look closely at both sides
bounce

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  fishnthings on 1st September 2011, 3:49 am

This is what i also mentioned to you Liquidg a month or so back with out response .
i agree its a shame all can not get along for the hobby mostly. and have a healthy debate freely without abusing one another and taking offense if one does not agree with anothers point of view !.

fishnthings

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg on 1st September 2011, 7:12 am

Here is an example of why what you would like to see happen can never happen in some places!

Some collected algae from a couple of trips were put on the original opinions and disorders site to promote the club and not much insanity happened initially.

Just remember they have a marine society here in Q,if you get my drift!

Than one of the looneys over there desperate to make us look bad said it was illegal to collect algae and referred via a link to a section on a part of the DPI website, so as I do,I checked just in case I got it wrong, which is foolish on anything connected with that lot.

The reference was on totally incorrect information not related to algae collection at all, it just looked that way if you were thick, plus it was partly directed at marine plants and they are sea grasses, mangroves that sought of thing, nothing in relation to what we do!

This was typed over to there but the argument with out me getting to annoyed at that time still went on with no rationalising by their moderators, in fact one sought of joined in with the looney garbage.

So, I contacted the head DPI person after being shuffled about to many contact numbers as I do with any not known or not sure of issues with the governing departments and said exactly what was going on.

The DPI person sent the proper link and the explanation of the link and the DPI number of hers at DPI head office and an email address at DPI for any one to check with her

Once I showed this on that thread at that forum the moderator removed the whole thread.

You see itís mostly a shop run site and we promote collecting and they do not want any other marine societies to exist, itís a power thing, pure and painfully simple!

Some un controlled human instincts cancel out any chance of what you would like to see, why do you think there is so much suffering on the planet, some human brains do not function in a way that is conducive to harmony and logic!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down