South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaetomorpha not as good as our local racemosa laetevirens form of racemosa.

Go down

Chaetomorpha not as good as our local racemosa laetevirens form of racemosa. Empty Chaetomorpha not as good as our local racemosa laetevirens form of racemosa.

Post  liquidg 4th July 2012, 1:51 pm

I put the chaeto into the tub system I have that had with no algae for nutrient removal; it has a wet section that oxidises the entire nitrite cycle, but nothing after that was being removed.

This meant that my phosphates and many other unwanted water solubles were most likely through the roof as up until a few months back I had not tested anything for many years.

The chaeto could not get the phosphates in this tub below anything readable on the new test kit; it was beyond test levels.

In a few weeks of the local racemosa introduced untrimmed, it went down to 0.2,now the fish life has been reduced it doesn’t read at all on a test.

The associate at the herbarium in Q was certainly right about race mosa found in many types being it is the most morphic of caulerpa,I think the word was, of all caulerpa and we get the best of the nutrient importer growing here only, well was, summer temps killed off all the wild areas we found here in SEQ.

Maybe this winter we will find it again, not that I care, I have it powering at home as an essential part of NWMS.

Chaetomorpha not as good as our local racemosa laetevirens form of racemosa. Racemosa

Last edited by liquidg on 5th July 2012, 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down