South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bots alert

2 posters

Go down

bots alert Empty bots alert

Post  casey 29th January 2010, 8:09 pm

there's bots havin a go at this forum, i'm usually by myself when i'm on line here but lately there's been loadsa bots too! kill em all!
casey
casey

Back to top Go down

bots alert Empty Re: bots alert

Post  liquidg+ 30th January 2010, 4:07 am

Thanks vawn but with out the google or yahoo bots we get,they look for google search engine results for on the net.

These bots look through the forums open to them for word search results and photo names,if there is enough content in your threads they become a search result on google for that subject.

When ever there is a new thread or comment they come in and grab the wording as search results.

Put in a thread with lots of words and a pic or two and than do a google search with the same name as your thread after a couple of days and your thread will come up on the google search as the top result normally.

The forum has serious security built in,well as much as you can with a free forum anyway.

Admin contacted the forum company and google and as they said these types of bots and spiders are harmless and needed to get search results.

Personaly on the net an email can be changed and made in seconds and hundreds of them either through google or where ever so never use your main email address on the forums anyway and use an interesting name not yours as well and use a password like 9@hg"-(>v17sw,that sought of things is so hard to break it is rediculas and you always copy and past so you don't forget that password.

Thank you for your concern though. cheers

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum