South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED lighting for reef aquariums, tried and tested information and what are they.

+4
straddy boy
Hennessy
one_two
liquidg
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LED lighting for reef aquariums, tried and tested information and what are they. - Page 2 Empty Re: LED lighting for reef aquariums, tried and tested information and what are they.

Post  liquidg 16th November 2011, 2:46 am

One very interesting thing on the LED buy up,i got some info on the spot lights, these are more or less bulbs, obviously not with a rounded surface, they are flat, but they said they will put in blue and white hight out put LEDs in them on demand, for $10 per bulb,these would be very useful over a tank or tanks!

Each diode is 16000 k,455 nm and up to 12000 lux with possibly 60 degrees optics,thats pretty good for a bulb you can wire in at 20 of them or two of them,what ever, over each tank, makes you think!
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

LED lighting for reef aquariums, tried and tested information and what are they. - Page 2 Empty Re: LED lighting for reef aquariums, tried and tested information and what are they.

Post  finfan 17th November 2011, 2:54 pm

No prices as the web search will cover it - but here are some brands they discuss

Orphek LED - very good
Aquatic Lives LED with "broadcast reflector" www.Aquatic life.com
EvoSpot by ReefKoi (actively cooled spotlight) small tanks
Ecoxotic
Blue Moon aquatics P30 (big set ups) www.bluemoonaquatics.com
Reef bright
Sunbrite
Vertex illumilux (awesome but big ticket)
EcoRay - www.ecorayled.com

Others worth checking out
Www.aquatopled.com
Www.marineland.com
Www.pacific-sun.eu

All seem to offer the same thing, just different packages and inclusions 10 to 20 000k white , up to 350lm/w (nuts)and 460nm blue

The main thing for long life is cooling and all today seem great - bring on the order.....
Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 17th November 2011, 3:24 pm

Yeh vertex use the latest xp-e range of LEDs,i am trying for a cheap price on them in the same fittings as the club got last time,but with quieter fans.
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 17th November 2011, 10:57 pm

Hey ,what was the fitting you decied on,because i am getting prices on the XP-E diodes in any fittings we get?

Last edited by liquidg on 3rd December 2016, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  finfan 18th November 2011, 4:18 am

Hi Liquidg

I am after the 4 ft size ( they have all sorts of stuff so I am happy to be guided by your thoughts) after reading the article I am tempted to by the p30 from Blue Moon and make something ?

- I like what Henzo wrote - I would be looking at something along the same lines fort this order - just with the timer - so

"Can you price me on 3 watt Cree leds? I'm after a 120cm unit with 30 degree lenses in the front row, and 60 degree for the rest. White to blue ratio of 2:1. Whites must go up to at least 15000k and blues about the 460nm mark."

Not sure what it cost but this is similar to my thoughts ?

•100W using Cree XR-E/P/M ? series 6000-10000k (20000 is preferred) white LED and 455 blue LED.
•Optional 30-120 degree view angle, focus light to deep bottom.
•Autotimer and switches controlled. white and blue led also are separately controlled by the autotimer
• and switches, which can produce the sunrise and sunset and daylight effect.
•Dimmers device. More information: http://365sunnyled.com/proShow.asp?id=89&NumberID=001003
•Runs Cool and Saves Electricity: 3 High Quality, 1.5W German Cooling Fans (4.5W total).
•Extreme growth in both saltwater and freshwater.
•90 Day Money Back Guarantee.
•Integrated Suspension Hanging System
•Exclusive 2011 LED Aquarium Guide Included.
•Just plug in and grow, no ballasts or high wattage cooling necessary.
•Lifespan: 50,000+ hours
•Input voltage:AC85-260V
•Operating Temperature: - 20℃to 60℃(-4 ℉ to 140℉)
•Dimensions: 1200x136x60(mm)
•Weight: 5kg

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2