South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiller rejuvenation-repair for longevity!

2 posters

Go down

Chiller rejuvenation-repair for longevity! Empty Chiller rejuvenation-repair for longevity!

Post  liquidg 26th January 2012, 3:08 am

Hey guys, I was just speaking to a friend that is a fridge mechanic and he was telling me that he recently converted the straddy research centres chiller to do away with those pesky electronic controller and displays,there one is quite a large chiller.

The moisture and salt is what kills the electonics,if it is kept away from the tank a bit ,they go for far longer.

The electronics is what goes down and makes you buy a new chiller,the guts of the chiller is fine for years and the change to make it run fine for ages with manual dial control, which is fine, I have used them myself for my home made chiller I built in the 80s.

He is going to show me exactly where to connect what to fix a modern chiller and I will put it in the information section soon so we do not have to replace chillers at 1 to 4 years with on going use!

Back to top Go down

Chiller rejuvenation-repair for longevity! Empty Re: Chiller rejuvenation-repair for longevity!

Post  finfan 26th January 2012, 9:40 am

Great topic - greater idea...bring it on Laughing
Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down