South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acrylic painting.

2 posters

Go down

Acrylic painting. Empty Acrylic painting.

Post  liquidg 24th July 2012, 3:58 pm

Hey zieha,you are into painting,these ones I did a while back, will get back into it one day,it was great to get lost in the canvas at a stressed time.

I tried it over a 4 month period,loved the way it takes you somewhere else.

Not the best pics as with the shine from the canvas but that’s as good as i can take them.

Acrylic painting. Cats-

Acrylic painting. House-desolving-

Acrylic painting. Sun-set-

Acrylic painting. Tree-and-sunset-

Acrylic painting. Sun-rays-

Acrylic painting. Flying-fsih-web-

Acrylic painting. Night-time-web-

Acrylic painting. Penguins-

Back to top Go down

Acrylic painting. Empty Re: Acrylic painting.

Post  fishnthings 9th October 2012, 10:50 am

Well done ! They are pretty good . Do you have names for them at all., What was your inspiration.?
i like number 1 very detailed and 5 especially, looks like something out of close encounters ! ?? make sure you put your ID on them or they could be taken cheers

fishnthings

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 9th October 2012, 3:39 pm

It was just a very bad time for me and I needed to do something to get my head else where that i have never done before, it was a suggestion by a pro artist I knew, he suggested it and gave me some pointers.

They are all marked and dated.

The big cats painting, the photo of it is absolute crap, the painting is in the lounge room and even amazes me that this was hidden in me to have the patience to do something that requires talent that I thought I had non of, that one took seventy two hours of work.

I painted over it five times to get it right, that was my third one, the first one was such a relief to do.

It took me else where for hours-days on end, I got so lost in that one that it is special, it’s coral atolls engulfed by reefs and lagoons,coconut palm trees,a cliff face on the island and wispy clouds finishing in an ocean horizon, that one I did seven times to get it right and took over a hundred hours.

They all mean something important to me and represent parts of my life.

Maybe again one day, I did 26 paintings at that time.

This is the big cats painting in direct sun light out on the lawn.

I did it up close for the fine details and then from time to time during it, I stood back and applied that to it for the distance look as well, all of them I did that way, so one foot away you see all the fine details including eye colours and more,standing back, it has the distance scene thing going on as well.

Acrylic painting. Painting1h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down