South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corals stress response and full recovery in a semi eutrophic system that is impossible to make work,so they say.

Go down

Corals stress response and full recovery in a semi eutrophic system that is impossible to make work,so they say. Empty Corals stress response and full recovery in a semi eutrophic system that is impossible to make work,so they say.

Post  liquidg 3rd January 2013, 12:05 pm

Stupid me actually believed something from that internet site in relation to corals stressing and acquiring green colouration.

I stressed the hell out of my invert tank for two weeks, the corals started to go down, so I let the algae get going again and took out the rotten carcase that was putrefying the waters and the lights back to their normal cycle.

The first pic is of one of my oldest corals beginning its bleach response.

The next is its recovery in a system that did not have a water change in that time and is what is classed as impossible to achieve, a semi eutrophic system running the lot.

From this.
Corals stress response and full recovery in a semi eutrophic system that is impossible to make work,so they say. Purple-coral-25-12-12-

To this.
Corals stress response and full recovery in a semi eutrophic system that is impossible to make work,so they say. Coral-1-

Another coral that was doing very badly amongst the bleach that was 50 percent bleached.
Corals stress response and full recovery in a semi eutrophic system that is impossible to make work,so they say. Coral-2-

I have no idea why I even bother looking there form time to time.
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down